No announcement yet.

Vaccinate your fucking kids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to have my fiance with me when I get a jab, otherwise I can't hack it. I have a terrible phobia... ironically, due to vaccinations. XD Back when I was at school and having my anti TB shot, this really awful nurse kept lunging at me with the needle even tho I was in tears and begging her to stop cuz I felt faint. She refused and I fainted. When I came round, I agreed to have the shot but only if a different nurse administered it. I only wanted to have it then cuz I was scared of having to go another day to the doctor for it cuz the waiting would be hideous. Since then, needles scare me to death.

Tho, despite my phobia, I still believe in vaccination. Over here, there has been a rise in diseases like measles due entirely to the anti vac crowd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22277186

Don't these shit for brains morons know that measles can kill a child, leave it blind or with brain damage?! Measles isn't just some unsightly spots. Not to mention one of their disease bearing kids could pass it on to someone with a lowered immune system, or an elderly person, or a newborn baby and kill them.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Don't these shit for brains morons know that measles can kill a child, leave it blind or with brain damage?! Measles isn't just some unsightly spots.
      In many cases: no, they don't.

Not to mention one of their disease bearing kids could pass it on to someone with a lowered immune system, or an elderly person, or a newborn baby and kill them.
      "But they'd only be a little bit sick for a little while, it's not dangerous."

... or at least, that's what they think. We've protected the general public from infectious disease so well that most people don't think of it as deadly.

These days, you could tell many people that their kid has cholera or typhus or even tetanus or smallpox, and they'll say 'Oh, then that's okay then'. They'll probably try to leave the hospital/doctor's office with the kid, too!

Comment

TB is also on the rise over here, but that's due to immigration; basically, people coming over thru our porus borders from poorer countries without a vaccination programme. There is some excuse for that, but none whatsoever for wanky middle class parents who won't vaccinate cuz they believe some bollocks about the MMR giving kids autism... which has been debunked so many times, it isn't funny.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat View Post
          These days, you could tell many people that their kid has cholera or typhus or even tetanus or smallpox, and they'll say 'Oh, then that's okay then'. They'll probably try to leave the hospital/doctor's office with the kid, too!
          Never mind those ones - they'd probably do the same for Ebola.

Comment

Working...
          X