No announcement yet.

Things I wish I had known about University/College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24) Assignments will all be due the same week.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin View Post
      24) BIG MASSIVE semester grade hinges on Assignments will all be due the same week.
      Fixed that for you
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

though it's an issue with school in general rather than college/university, teachers say you should do X hours of homework per night. So EACH teacher sets that much homework. Due tomorrow. Which gets REALLY annoying when 5 teachers do it, each setting 2 hours worth f homework. Each teacher believing there is no excuse for not doing theirs. Then they are surprised when people are too tired to work well in class.

Comment

25) You will have at least 2 finals on the same day back to back.

26) the larger the campus the farther your two back to back classes will be

27) the rule of wait 15 min for the Professor to show and then leave is a rumor unless you have permission from the Professor. DO NOT try to use this rule on the grumpy Professor it will bite you in the arse.

Comment

28. If you are ever assigned to write a program to convert a jpeg, make sure that jpeg is an image of someone who is sexy. No nudity, though!

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin View Post
              24) Assignments will all be due the same week.
              It's always the week right before Finals week.

29) Your hardest 2 finals will be back to back and you need to pass those classes to graduate.
              "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Big one, because this actually did hit me.

30) If you missed a class, the lecture from that day will be what the bulk of what that final will be about.

Comment

Working...
                X