Favorite nickname for children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite nickname for children

Bunch of whiny holier than though NIMBY's killed a hilarious part of the CS site. Many if not all those acronyms were well deserved, honest and brutal (and hylarious).

Anyways, off my soapbox. How about a conical of the best ones we remember?

i.e.

Crotch dropping
    Crying STD
    Smear of their Loins
    Last edited by Josh; 09-24-2014, 02:49 PM.

I don't think those are funny at all. I am child-free by choice (I straight-up hate kids), but those names are cruel and sad. To me, they're on par with calling someone a fag or a retard - unnecessary and hateful.

I will call kids all kinds of things, but not those names.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Bunch of whiny holier than though NIMBY's killed a hilarious part of the CS site.
      4 years ago

and honestly i found some of them gross like crotch dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Bunch of whiny holier than though NIMBY's killed a hilarious part of the CS site. Many if not all those acronyms were well deserved, honest and brutal (and hylarious).
        Well-deserved? Really? Calling a child by any of those names - names which indicate that they may be unwanted or are less than dirt or otherwise have no intrinsic value as a person - is the height of cruelty. It doesn't matter how they're behaving, at a certain age it is not on them if their parents aren't teaching as they should. And we have milder terms, like brat, which indicate behavior issues rather than worth.
        I has a blog!

Comment

I totally concur.

Calling out on children's behaviour (or rather lack of) is one thing, but blaming their existance (which they actually have no part in) as a whole? That's a no-go in my world.

No matter how bad a child behaves, he or she never deserves to be told that he or she shouldn't have been born at all.
          Last edited by NorthernZel; 09-25-2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

My friend Sandra's eldest son used to call himself the fruit of her womb occasionally. I will call kids sprogs, sprouts and munchkins.

Comment

The worst term I've used for an extremely misbehaving child is Rosemary's Baby. But they'd have to be doing something like setting someone's hair on fire before I do that.

I agree, though, that terms like "crying std" is unnecessary and inappropriate. It's a lot like the label "bastard" which was used not only to demonize the child's parents for having a baby outside of marriage, but was used to demonize the child him/herself. Kids are going to be bad sometimes, and sometimes to the point where you really hate their presence. That is still no excuse to use vile terms like "crotch dropping" as if they weren't human, and belong in a toilet.
              Last edited by TheHuckster; 09-25-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

So let me get the process straight, here.

1. Insult the user base.
                2. Complain that you can't use hate speech for children anymore.
                3. Profit?
                "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

I have always been well known for being anti-kid here and on CS.

But I became an aunt last year, and I gotta tell you, it really is the parents. It truly is.

And these kids that come from broken homes, especially with unstable baby mamas.....it's not their fault they act up between stays with the other parent or if they learn to manipulate. And yes, I realize you can replace mama with daddy, but when it comes to my brother, the last guy I was dating from work, and my former shift lead, there are some real dumb bitches out there who really know how to work it so their kids act a certain way so that they can either get more money from the dad or more custody AND more money, anything to nail them to the wall.

Luckily, my neice is just a regular ham now, but she was the fussiest baby I have ever been around in my life when she was smaller. She listens pretty well and doesn't get into too much yet, and she really acts very well in public now that she's older. But boy, she had some real meltdowns when she was under a year old and my mom assured me that the way that my brother's ex manipulates it so he barely gets any time with her, that way she'll act out by being in unfamiliar places with unfamiliar people and that way she can hope he'll give up on trying to fight for custody.

Sorry, got on my own soap box. But really, it's a seperate topic in its own. Kids go from examples. There's some real shit parents out there. I mean, real shit parents. When kids are too little to be held accountable for their actions, calling them names doesn't do anything. Look at who is raising them and why they are acting so "bratty". Most likely, it'll either be a young deadbeat Dad with his fourth or fifth new girlfriend since the kid was born, barely doing a thing to get by but to keep custody at a certain way so he doesn't have to pay more support...........OR a deadbeat bitch who will make sure her kids act up so the dad won't want them or so she can get the law/courts involved and work things more in her favor.

Sorry, had to let it out. It really isn't the kids. It's not.

Comment

I remember when this first became a issue. It was a mod decision and should stay that way. Besides I have always thought those to be horrible things to call a kid.

Comment

I get where you are coming from josh, sometimes children to get on your nerves. H

However I got to ask, why did you think the members of fratching would have a different opinion of the nicknames than the people on C.S.?

Comment

I'm a parent, and I will admit that my son has driven me around the bend. On the whole, I really don't like children that much but that is usually entirely on the parents' heads for that - they are the ones who may not discipline their children appropriately or they don't bother to control them at all. I will call those kids brats, but I will certainly never refer to them by a vulgar title because that is simply uncalled for. Hell, I know people who absolutely HATE children, regardless of how they've been brought up, but even they don't go around referring to children by vulgar, horrible epithets. There is just no need, and what you call a child reflects upon you - if you call them horrible things then it is pretty clear to anybody listening that YOU are the horrible one.

Comment

I freely admit I found some of those nicknames for misbehaving children hilarious. Even made the mistake of using one, got an infraction for it.

That said, Blas nailed it. It's the bad parents who should be getting the nasty nicknames. Their kids can't be expected to know any better. It's tragic really.

Consider a similar situation: misbehaving pets. Why don't we have nasty nicknames for them? Because it's the owners' fault for not socializing them properly. Mods made the right call.
                          Customer: I need an Apache.
                          Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                            I get where you are coming from josh, sometimes children to get on your nerves. H

However I got to ask, why did you think the members of fratching would have a different opinion of the nicknames than the people on C.S.?
                            Because this is the place to discuss things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                              Interesting...because many of us are members over there

But seriously, the reason those nicknames were killed, is that many of the members over there (here too) have children. Sure, not all children are well-behaved, but to throw those names around? Didn't help too that it seemed that people were trying to one-up each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X