my pants do not have tardis powers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pants do not have tardis powers!

sorry just getting frustrated after a fb friend commented on how "women are stupid for putting phones in their back pockets". Even after I explained that women's and men's pants are cut differently because women's pants don't have to account for "external plumbing", he posts a photo of women's jeans(tight, body hugging, women's jeans mind you) and says "look they have front pockets!" totally ignoring that the pocket space is filled by body and the pockets are two inches deep. I mentioned that the only choice due to the style of women's jeans is no front pocket *space* or wear ill fitting men's pants, because hips. That got "ill fitting is subjective"(yeah ok, you try wearing pants with a waist 10 inches bigger than yours is to accommodate hips and ass and tell me the fit is "subjective")

Seriously are males that oblivious to the fact that men's and women's clothing are drastically different? It's *not* the first time I've had this conversation, do they believe women's jeans have tardis qualities? I mean you can tell most are quite body hugging by design(unlike men's), yet you think *somehow* there's magic room for large pockets, large enough to hold a cell phone?

this is the photo in question he used to "prove" there's pockets, when the issue is pocket *space*.

grrr just grrrr.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Who needs pockets, anyway? If you can't entice/enchant/hypnotize a guy to carry things for you, you have failed as a woman.

*RUNS AWAY… PROBABLY NOT FAST ENOUGH*

(Also, why in the %*#@ are pants $32?!)
    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

*beans Bloodsoul with a turnip. Because why not?*

And pants are ridiculously expensive.
      I has a blog!

Comment

I'm pretty sure pants for women *could* be made with useful front pockets. They just aren't, probably because purses make them less needed.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Pants without functional pockets does not make sense. The more pockets, the better.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            I'm pretty sure pants for women *could* be made with useful front pockets. They just aren't, probably because purses make them less needed.
            Same goes with maternity trousers/pants, which most often don't have any front pockets at all!

I ended up buying plus-sized jeans 3-4 sizes over my usual size instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
              Pants without functional pockets does not make sense. The more pockets, the better.
              The reason is - fashion. Pants that have pockets do not follow body lines as faithfully or can create lumps or bumps in unfortunate places. Women's fashion has generally trended towards form over function, and thus the reduction of pockets for women.

It isn't seen as a travesty because we tend to carry purses that make up for the lack of clothing storage space. I don't agree with that, because I hate having to carry something with me all the time, but I admit that I prefer the tighter-profile pants over the loose ones for vain reasons - they make my hips and butt look great. So I sacrifice storage for flattery, as do many other women. It's just one of those things.

Comment

I usually wear mens pants at work, they are far more convenient when I'm not wearing a tool belt, with a hammer loop, lots of pockets for nails, knife, etc etc. I have to wear a belt, the pants that fit over my ass are far too loose in the waist and I actually get blisters on my waist from rubbing if I don't.

I could wear womens pants without the belt, but they lack the pockets and attachments, don't last as long, and cost more. Luckily for me, fashionable is pretty low on my list of demands for my clothes.

My ass does look pretty bad in the mens pants, but that's actually an advantage where I work.

Comment

Originally posted by NecCat View Post
                  I usually wear mens pants at work, they are far more convenient when I'm not wearing a tool belt, with a hammer loop, lots of pockets for nails, knife, etc etc. I have to wear a belt, the pants that fit over my ass are far too loose in the waist and I actually get blisters on my waist from rubbing if I don't.

I could wear womens pants without the belt, but they lack the pockets and attachments, don't last as long, and cost more. Luckily for me, fashionable is pretty low on my list of demands for my clothes.

My ass does look pretty bad in the mens pants, but that's actually an advantage where I work.
                  Until I got fat I was an extreme hourglass figure [35-22-38] and there was NEVER a pair of pants that fit without tailoring. My daily wear were classic Levi 501 buttonfly bootcut jeans with the waist taken in about 7 inches combined both sides.

Learn to tailor, it is a very handy skill and your clothing will look better than just hoiking it in with a belt.

Comment

I found low cut flares were a God send for my dangerous curves. Although, jeans in general are so cheaply made now and they all have to be so stretchy, so there's always the plumber butt risk. I've put on quite a bit of weight but thankfully I'm not at full muffin top level yet.

I tend to be the purse girl. Gives me an excuse to shop and procure more stuff, I guess. I cannot wear men's pants, or any of those stupid "boyfriend" style jeans for girls. You have to be shaped like a boy or have long legs to pull those off. I look super frumpy if I don't have tight pants on, with at the very least a generous boot cut if not a flare. Otherwise, my legs look like two sausages smashing into each other if I wear skinnies, or I look stumpy and bigger than I am if I wear relaxed fit.

Though I will say, I must have a purse not much larger than a handbag or one of those bigger wallets. Not one of those giant diaper bag looking things, though.

Comment

You have to be anorexic to look decent in skinny jeans. They are not designed for anybody that is actually their proper weight:height. Actually, IMHO everybody should wear at least one size larger than they think they are, one thing I absolutely detest is people crammed into their clothing like a damned sausage. Tight is not sexy. I really don't need to be able to visually check if you are circumcised, nor if you have a camel toe and are not a guy passing himself off as a woman. I don't need to see your nipples, and I don't need to see your abs or muffin top.

Comment

The camel toe is one of my biggest anxieties. Hence why most of my camis (under shirts) are a size too long for me.

Comment

If he's (and I'm assuming that your fb friend is a he) so insensitive all the time, unfriend him as soon as you can.

Comment

Working...
                          X