Sucktastic Managed Care Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktastic Managed Care Facility

My roomies mother is in some damned home in Greenville NC, and first, they do not have phone in the individual rooms, so every evening after meal time Phlip calls down to the main number, who transfer her to the specific nursing station, who then has to go get her mom and tell her she has a phone call. This has been going on for a month now [there was a delay in arranging her operation for an aortic aneurism] and tonight was the final bitter end.

They are apparently now using caller ID because they have been not answering her calls this evening. So she did the logical thing, and called in a wellness check to the local cops nonemergency number. They called down, got the nursing station on the main number instantly. Cops called us back to say they got through with no issues, the nurses reported they just had a 'busy patch'. So phlip gives them about minutes, and has now been calling back for the past 20 minutes to nothing but ringing.

Tomorrow during normal business hours, she is going to call down to the business office and rip them a new asshole. Honestly, if we were not down to one vehicle, she and I would be headed down from Ct this fucking minute.

I'd try calling on a different number first, actually, to see if it truly is them ignoring your calls. Second, I'd recommend a polite complaint, rather than ripping them a new asshole- something along the lines of "On XX date at XX time, I attempted to call my relative X. My call did not get through. I attempted to call suing a different number, and it did get through. I believe, therefore, that my original call was being deliberately ignored. Please can you ensure that calls are not ignored on this basis again"- (the reason why you specify a particular basis is because obviously if it really was busy, then your call would not be a priority)

but yeah, if they really are ignoring your calls, that's sucky, and frankly, I'd suggest you let whoever chose to put her in that care home know, and suggest they find another one.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      I'd recommend a polite complaint, rather than ripping them a new asshole
      Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that the OP will be very polite and very professional when ripping them a new one! We don't want to be like those nasty SC's right?

Comment

Called using my cell, her cell, Rob's cell and made a google voice number with a NC area code. Oddly enough, the NC call got picked up. We tracked down a NC lawyer that specializes in elder abuse and she is calling him when his office opens.

Comment

Originally posted by AccountingDrone View Post
          Called using my cell, her cell, Rob's cell and made a google voice number with a NC area code. Oddly enough, the NC call got picked up. We tracked down a NC lawyer that specializes in elder abuse and she is calling him when his office opens.
          yeah, I'd consult with a lawyer- this does look like deliberately ignoring you.

Comment

My momvan is having issues [there seems to be a coolant leak somewhere] so we are down to a single vehicle which Rob needs to use for work. He is going to work on it this weekend so if he manages to get it fixed, we are taking the jetta and heading down a couple weeks early, otherwise we are going as soon as he can manage to get a monday or friday off - I don't want to try and do the banzai run down to spring her from that hellhole with 2 days, I would like a third just in case, I am getting too old for this shit. I could once have managed it driving straight through, but now I can't. Old sucks.

Comment

Working...
            X