Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't wanna believe they would actually do it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't wanna believe they would actually do it...

But yeah, the Cards Against Humanity guys really did sell people boxes of dried shit for six bucks a pop (no deception about it, either). I'm not sure if this represents everything that's wrong, or everything that's right and glorious, about capitalism. Either way -- They sold 30 thousand boxes of the stuff. Well played, gentlemen. Well played.

Unboxing Video. No, that's not me.

edit: And of course people are reselling the boxes on eBay for huge markups.
    "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
    "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

That was their Black Friday special, wasn't it?

They were offering, without hyperbole, bullshit in a box to anyone that wished to purchase it.

I absolutely believed they'd do just that because that's what they said they were going to do.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm curious what the profit margin on this was. Like did they have a friend whose a farmer that supplied the free manure or did they buy it from a supplier?

I love the people who run this company. They've actually in the past put out a table with tons of copies fo the game and just let people pay what they feel like for the game.

Comment

They even gave away a pack of expansion cards at a con and they all (but Jesse Cox's) seemed to be in the bin.

Solely due to the fact they were inside an oatmeal cereal box (if not oat meal it was something else). He found out after the con what was inside, else he might have fished out some more.

Comment

"There's a sucker born every minute".

Comment

I hate manure!

Comment

A friend of mine said three people he worked with had it shipped to the office rather than home and opened them up at work. I don't know if they believed it would actually be manure or just CAH's clever tongue disguising something better. There were a few cards included with the "feature presentation" but they were all stained brown due to a leaky bag that contained the manure.

I read somewhere that CAH donated the profits to charity, which worked out to about 6 cents a box.

Comment

Working...
              X