I think I have gone crazy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have gone crazy..

Ok.. so I think differently then most people. I have come up with a perfectly viable explanation as to how both creationism and evolution can be right at the same time. Now of course this is not the thread to discuss that.. but I am asking if I should voice my insane yet possible idea in the Religion thread. I know a lot of people are probably going to think I am crazy, and they are not alone. Its one of those... that is crazy enough it just might work! ideas.

You may as well- it'll develop into a shouting match anyway. (there are some topics ( guns, creationism V evolution, abortion, politics) which are virtual guarantees of a thread reaching at least 1-15 pages, f which about 9-14 will be arguments going :
    side 1's position
    no, side 2's position
    no, side 1's position
    no, side 2's position
    etc until everyone's bored, or a mod noticed the thread has become ridiculous.

Comment

There have been many ideas surrounding creationism not contradicting evolution, many of which aren't certifiably insane, IMO. But, nevertheless, isn't posting such ideas what Fratching is all about?

Comment

Post away. You won't convert any of the zealots from any of the camps, but the people in the middle might be able to have an interesting discussion.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You mean like a god causing the big bang? Guiding evolution? You don't just start with a human, you gotta work your way up from apes, sort of thing?

Comment

Wasn't there a recent pack of articles claiming that the Pope's/Cath Church's position on it was that 'Evolution is not only an established fact, but that it requires an initial (intelligent-design) creation to use as a starting point'...?
            "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
            "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Creationism & Evolution together, Seshat's options:

1. God got better as He went along.

2. God wanted to start with an 'empty' universe and spin it into existence, gradually develop galaxies and stars and planets which could support life, gradually develop a rocky crust with water on top, develop cyanobacteria and a nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere, develop basic algael and other primitive life forms, develop ... etc etc.

3. God wanted to see what would happen if he put an assortment of proteins together in the right environment, and is peering down at us like a scientist with a petri dish...

4. God is like a man set down in an environment with everything needed to make a modern society, but with no tools yet. He needs to start with a couple of bits of flint and knap himself a basic knife, but give him time and patience and he'll eventually assemble silicon chips. IE: to achieve whatever His ultimate goal is, he had to start with the 'empty' universe from option 2.
              (IE: in option 2, he WANTED to do it that way, in option 4 he HAD to)

5. God is Unknowable to humans. Just deal with it.

Comment

Seshat, you said everything I wanted to but didn't have the knowledge to. Thanks!

And honestly, all five could be it. I thought you were listing steps...lol.

Comment

Heh. Sorry for being unclear. No, those are options.

Comment

Working...
                  X