Lemode mgz Redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemode mgz Redirect

The last couple of days, I have found myself redirected to this lemode mgz site at random. It's extremely annoying, but after googling 'lemode redirect', I've found several threads on various message boards talking about the exact same thing. Apparently this is a more common problem than I thought.

I have noticed that happening on seemingly innocuous sites that I wouldn't expect this happening on (as opposed to, say, an ad-covered clickbait site or something). The most annoying part is the redirect loses the back button, so I can't even return to the site I was on before. Anti-virus isn't detecting anything installed on my computer, and it seems to only happen on certain sites. Perhaps they're using an ad network that has some rogue and abusive advertisers?

Comment

It's a malicious ad.

Unfortunately, a re-direct can be hard to catch before it happens, so it's harder to let the ad server know what's going on.

The best thing to do is contact the admin for the site you were visiting, let them know that an ad sent you to another site, giving them the url you arrived at, and let them contact their ad service to let them know what's going on so that they can track down the offending ad and yank it from their rotation.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

^

It happens on multiple sites though (one of them is TvTropes grrr). I'm thinking it's one of the ad servers. Also, this 'lemode mgz' appears to be some spam ad site which advertises random magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
          It happens on multiple sites though (one of them is TvTropes grrr)
          I've noticed that too, but they've just upgraded so hopefully it won't be a problem now.
          "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

I haven't got this one, but was not long ago having the exact same thing with one called adverstitials. Back button wasn't exactly disabled, but the site I'd gone to wouldn't be there and would be missing from my history, and while the page had on itself both a back button and a "skip ad" button, as well as a timer promising to return me in x seconds, none of them did anything.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

malwarebytes antimalware get it now.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                that along with a DEEP anti-virus scan and several good scanner programs to be found over at bleepingcomputer dot com.

There is some REALLY nasty shit running around out there in the wild. best to get it killed early than have to deal with clean up later.
                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                  Just installed malwarebytes and ran a scan. It seems to have done the trick.

Comment

I have an android tablet and I have AVG, free edition. Is that good?

/threadjack

Comment

I have an iPad.
                      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
                        I have an android tablet and I have AVG, free edition. Is that good?

/threadjack
                        malware isn't just viruses, so malwarebytes should be in addition to antivirus
                        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

From what I could gather, this one is an ad-based redirect, and as such might or might not be stopped by an anti-malware solution. I don't know, though, as I've never looked into those.
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, the anti malware stopped it for a day, but it's back in full force. This time I was redirected to Forbes (or some site designed to look like it). I may have to rescan or contact offending websites (assuming I can stay on them long enough to post). If this shit keeps up, I'm getting ad block.

Comment

The redirect likely works through javascript. You can turn that off, or set it to not allow redirects.

Comment

Working...
                              X