Glitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitter

This site got me asking this; if you could, physically and morally, do this to someone, who would be your target?

I wouldn't do it to anyone, but if I could, morally and physically, I'd track down the bullies who called me names back in high school and send the glitter to them. Then there's also the ex-friend with whom I had a falling out back in university. But I won't.

Would you? And if you won't, who would it be if you were the sort of person who would do this?

First: This is a type of prank. And as far as pranks go, it's fairly harmless.

Sure, glitter is the herpes of the craft world, and once you've got it, you're probably never getting rid of it. But sending an envelope of glitter doesn't cross the boundary over to unacceptable behavior.

Since Ars already had an article on this very thing, I've already gone over it. I might consider sending some to my brother, but even if he didn't live in someone else's house, he's got a baby, now, so he gets a pass. I've got a couple of acquaintances that are certainly deserving of glitter, but who aren't worth the $10AU to hit them with it.

Past that, I just don't care enough about those who annoy me to give them that much consideration. I've got a lot better things to do with both my money and my attention than focus on the idiots in my life, past and present.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can think of a couple of people, unfortunately, I only know their names, not addresses. That, and again, I have better things to do with my money.

Comment

I can't think of anyone I particularly dislike. Sure, they're out there, but I rarely have contact with them. And honestly there's not that many of them to begin with. There have been people in the past, like my Catholic school bullies, but I never cared to find them afterward, and anyway that was 20-odd years ago.

Any glitter I have is going into kids' art projects.

Comment

a friend of mine sent 5 of them out, Me, if I had addresses, I probably would do it, mainly because of the note telling them how awful they are, the people in question caused me great emotional harm by their actions*(as in panic/anxiety attacks), then blamed me for it.

*we're talking, me asking "please don't do x, it upsets me when you do x"
          and they then do x, and say it's my fault for being upset, because "no one else has a problem with it." (x is not a huge or necessary thing-think along the lines of "I have a phobia of spiders, please don't show me photos of your pet tarantula" level of harm, none to them, all to me.)
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

i would looove to send one to my brother, but i know he wouldn't be the one cleaning it. and he wouldn't get the point. :/
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

The owner's website is up for sale here:
              https://flippa.com/3783970-20-000-in...lar-viral-site

Guess he can't handle the glitter himself!

Comment

Why waste good glitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  Sure, glitter is the herpes of the craft world, and once you've got it, you're probably never getting rid of it. But sending an envelope of glitter doesn't cross the boundary over to unacceptable behavior.
                  If sending an envelope that has baking soda in can trigger a terror alert, so can sending an envelope of glitter. In a paranoid society it doesn't take much to instill a panic.

Comment

I would be really tempted to send one to my sister and her husband, except that I don't know their address in California, and they'd probably suspect who was behind it being sent.

Comment

Working...
                    X