Holding Data Hostage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Data Hostage

Imagine that you are the Chief Information Officer of a bank. Your bank is being acquired by a bigger bank. Your new employer has no positions available to you or the people that work in your department. That means that you will be laid off in 6 months. I know from personal experience that it sucks to lose your job due to no fault of your own.

However, when the big bank asks for your help to integrate your data into their database, do you:

A. quietly integrate your data into their database? or
    B. try to hold your data hostage in an effort to make your new bank employ you long term?

Our hero CIO chose option B. Unfortunately, his job's drop dead date went from 6 months to 6 seconds. He lost his job due to no fault of his own insubordination. The big bank gave his assistant the title of CIO of the small bank. The new CIO helped the big bank integrate the data until he was let go.

Good job, dummy! Not only did you burn your bridge down, but you also lost your chance to collect unemployment insurance.

If you're wondering, I work for the big bank.
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

I'm sure that'll look really good on his resume when his next potential employer finds out.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

And here I thought that Romulans were holding Lt. Commander Data hostage!

Comment

Working...
      X