No announcement yet.

The Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH when I first heard about the dress I thought it was from an awards show, the two pictures posted look drastically different, but the white/gold one was shown elsewhere to be a heavily exposed white balance and the other looked like it was taken with a 'potato', hell I first thought the blue/black one was knitted.

I don't know how the images would have faired had they used similar ISO film stock, but I've noticed my Digital cameras have a fit when they come into contact with eco light bulbs, I can see a white ceiling, but the camera sees nothing but darkness once its adjusted to the light bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
      Oh god damnit, not here too!
      Hear hear!

One site I visit put it quite nicely:
      Is The Dress Blue or White? Why The Internet Just Lost Its Mind
      To put it simply, while there's debates that have been going on for some time over it, a photography class would have wrapped it up in one 20 second lesson titled (and the lesson consisting wholly of) "This is why you check your f***ing light levels when taking photos!"

Comment

There has been one case I'm aware of where "The dress" has been used for good. Some group (think it was the Salvos) made a domestic violence campaign with someone dressed in that dress (albeit in a white-gold iteration) pointing out it's easy to miss the black and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
          There has been one case I'm aware of where "The dress" has been used for good. Some group (think it was the Salvos) made a domestic violence campaign with someone dressed in that dress (albeit in a white-gold iteration) pointing out it's easy to miss the black and blue.
          I saw that and yeah it was pretty clever. However, it also made me feel like an asshole for seeing the dress as white/gold. >.>

Edit: Yeah it was the Salvation Army:

https://twitter.com/SalvationArmySA/...87199155494913
          Last edited by Gravekeeper; 03-12-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I see dark blue and black. I've tried every computer and phone in the house at every brightness and saturation. I can't see white and gold in any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
              I saw that and yeah it was pretty clever. However, it also made me feel like an asshole for seeing the dress as white/gold. >.>

Edit: Yeah it was the Salvation Army:

https://twitter.com/SalvationArmySA/...87199155494913
              I've seen the dress as nothing but blue/black, albeit in a very odd light.

Comment

I have brown eyes. I don't work with colors. I see the dress as white and gold both head on and with my peripheral vision. I even tried looking at the picture without my glasses. It's just a blurry white and gold dress.

Comment

Working...
                X