Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you don't need a permit?

https://www.yahoo.com/food/10-picnic...312328216.html

It seems like a perfectly normal article. In fact, it's an excerpt from a book. But when I got to #2, I just went ! It's essentially giving tips on hiding your alcohol from police officers and how to bribe them if you get caught anyway. I clicked on the link hoping for tips on how to keep bugs away at my daughter's birthday party, and instead learned that you really don't need a permit if you want to get drunk at a park.

I wouldn't really characterize #2 as telling people to bribe officers. >_>

It's more about being discreet about imbibing in public because in most places it's illegal without a permit (mostly because we're all a bunch of puritanical prudes) and being cordial and contrite if you get caught by a cop, said with a bit of humor.

I really don't think telling picnickers to offer an officer some food really counts as advising bribery.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

and I think point #1 is more that if you're just picnicking with your family, you don't need a permit, but if there's enough people coming that it's more like a party or other event, you need a permit. Basically, a family of 4? don't need a permit. a group of 40? yeah, get a permit.

Comment

I don't know the law in every city around the country but generally, if you want to have alcohol at a park, you have to have a permit regardless of how many people will be there. You also need a permit if you'll have a large group of people, but those are two separate permits.

I'm pretty sure that in most places, offering a police officer food is considered a bribe. Even in places where it isn't, it's frowned upon.

Comment

Working...
        X