Not really a movie mistake per se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Again, I haven't seen that, but I'm guessing it works a little bit like a trick in a movie I did see recently. The Cobbler is about a guy who takes on the appearance of anyone whose shoes he puts on, provided he's repaired them with a certain machine. Never noticed or mentioned by anyone in the movie is a distinctive red rope thing he always, always wears while in another body; in context, a foolish thing to do, but it makes him instantly identifiable to the audience.
    I had a quick watch of the trailer, before watching I was thinking "wouldn't it be easier for the audience to do the Quantum Leap way and have him appear as himself except in mirrors?"

After watching the trailer, that seems less likely to be the best option, but having some form of visual gimmick does help when he gets lost in the crowd be it the red rose (I assume rope was a typeo) or always wearing a bobble hat, though with QL's aproach you always know who he is and you don't have to pay close attention to the shoes to know if he changes his appearance mid scene and you looked away loosing him in the crowd because you didnt know those belonged to X and not Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
      (I assume rope was a typeo)
      It was a scarf, so rope-thingy would actually be pretty close. Though he also wore a long black coat with it, so he tended to stand out no matter who he was disguised as.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
        Kind of a bad joke on my part but is there anyone in the movie named "Herman?"
        Thank you! I thought I was the only one who remembers that show

Comment

I happened to think of this while working tonight.

All of these fundie religious types have not seemed to pick up on the 2 male emotions present and pull some wild "gay agenda" rant out of their asses YET .
          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Possibly she's gender fluid, and certainly makes it 'easier' when watching to have the characters be simplified when we see someone else.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
            X