Bernie took Hillary to school...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie took Hillary to school...

I'm not voting for either major party candidate, regardless of who's nominated. But last night, in my opinion, Bernie took Hillary to school.

He seemed to go from "friendly, storytelling grandpa" to "curmudgeony old man". And he schooled Hillary with it.

I'll be blunt here: If he appealed to you it means he lost it with democratic voters. He missteped on two of the most important democratic voting blocks: Women and black people. While likewise getting himself "schooled" as it were over the auto bailout. A noteworthy topic given the states whose primaries are coming up.

"Curmudgeony old man" is the exact kind of optics Sanders needs to be utterly avoiding. But he keeps stumbling into bad optics despite the fact he REALLY should know better at this point in the game.

That aside, it was a solid debate ( and a painfully more intelligent one than the basket full of fuckmonkeys on the other side ). But I don't see Sanders beating Hillary as things currently stand. Hillary is here to get shit done and has nuanced positions on complex issues as a result. Sanders is taking an ideologically pure road even if its self defeating. Hillary is running for president, Sanders is running for a revolution.

Sanders biggest accomplish is going to be that he succeeded in pushing Hillary left and making her more appealing to far left voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      I'll be blunt here: If he appealed to you it means he lost it with democratic voters.
      I didn't say he appealed to me. Just that I thought he schooled Hillary.

While likewise getting himself "schooled" as it were over the auto bailout. A noteworthy topic given the states whose primaries are coming up.
      I thought he handled that fairly well, though. He did note that he was for the auto bailout, until it was part of the larger "bail out the big banks" package.

"Curmudgeony old man" is the exact kind of optics Sanders needs to be utterly avoiding. But he keeps stumbling into bad optics despite the fact he REALLY should know better at this point in the game.
      Sure, but I don't think Hillary helped her cause either by interrupting him. If Bernie wanted to make a point, he'd raise that finger. That's why he barked at her a few times.

Sanders biggest accomplish is going to be that he succeeded in pushing Hillary left and making her more appealing to far left voters.
      I think the "non-establishment" candidates on both sides are sending messages. Especially since Bernie is unexpectedly close in a few states where Hillary should have won BIG, and even winning a couple he shouldn't have. As far as the Republican side, Trump (like him or not) seems to be running away with it at this point. Republican establishment is crapping itself, trying to figure out a way to "stop Trump". There's even been talk of doing whatever they can to cause a brokered convention.

Comment

Working...
      X