Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz on Trump: "Amoral" - "A pathological liar" </clickbait>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmOaqutvs1U

Now that Cruz has dropped out of the race, he apparently feels no more need to cozy up to the Trumpinator.

EDIT: Now Kasich is out, too.
    Last edited by EricKei; 05-04-2016, 05:08 PM.
    "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
    "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

"Amoral"?
    "Pathological Liar"?

Sounds like your run of the mill politician, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
      Sounds like your run of the mill politician, to me.
      All politicians spin things to put themselves in the best light and make promises they can't possibly make good on. Those are normal. Trump is a bit more extreme.

Trump will make a demonstrably false statement in an interview, reverse his position two hours later, reverse again back to the original but with a caveat two hours after that, and then two hours after that claim that the events of the past six hours never occurred and he never said any of the things that he was recorded on national television saying.

I think John Oliver was right on this one. "And I'm not even sure he knows he's lying. I think he just doesn't care what the truth is."
      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
        I think John Oliver was right on this one. "And I'm not even sure he knows he's lying. I think he just doesn't care what the truth is."
        Like Hillary's comment to the coal miner?

Comment

The issue with Trump is that he courts controversy. That's one thing as a private citizen, but as President, it could be disastrous. Take the fact he's said he would bar Syrian refugees from coming t the US, and send back those already here. What happens when those refugees genuinely in fear for their lives get sent back, and promptly killed?

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
            The issue with Trump is that he courts controversy.
            Scott Adams is actually posting a brilliant series of blog posts on the Dilbert site, about Trump's "persuasion skills" (It's actually a good read, whether you agree or not).

He talks about how Trump has strategic "Linguistic Kill Shots" (things like "Lyin' ted" and "Crooked Hillary"), and 2D vs 3D persuasion.

Trump also does what a lot of other politicians do, but on a vastly different level. He speaks a lot of words, but doesn't really say anything.

"You're gonna be so happy!", "It's gonna be so great!", "We don't win anymore."

All a bunch of empty platitudes that don't really say and/or mean anything.

Comment

mjr - Agreed. Then again, maybe that's an artifact of growing up in Louisiana -- where we don't wonder IF a politican is corrupt, but what his estimated lifetime take will be, as far as graft goes.

As for Cruz -- It doesn't surprise me that his opinion of Trump is right up there with my own feelings about Trump and the Clintons; it's just that I didn't think he'd actually SAY it, especially prior to the election. He obviously has kept his mouth shut up until now because he needs to "play nice with the team members" in order to present a strong front against the competition, and now Cruz is no longer on the team.

I'll have to check out Adams. I haven't read anything by him aside from the comic itself in some time.
              Last edited by EricKei; 05-05-2016, 02:06 PM.
              "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
              "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Originally posted by EricKei View Post
                I'll have to check out Adams. I haven't read anything by him aside from the comic itself in some time.
                It's definitely an interesting take on the human psyche. Adams says he's not for any particular candidate, but that the posts are meant as an examination of Trump's "persuasion skills" (and sometimes the "mistakes" that he overcomes, and how he sets people up to make mistakes he can capitalize on).

Just go to dilbert.com and click on blog. If you have an ad blocker, make sure it's on, though. Sites like that tend to have a lot of ads.

Comment

I have to wonder what kind of schism in the GOP this is going to create. I think the nature of how the RNC will play out will be a pivotal point. Will the other Republicans have ended their upset over Trump and side with him, or will there be some contention among the other GOP members over Trump basically usurping their party? I think some of the more hard core Republicans in the RNC are going to eventually come to terms with Trump being the leader, but the more moderate republicans will probably never get over it.

Trump also has to find a running mate, which could also play a huge role in how other republicans react to the RNC.

Comment

I find myself reminded of a moment from a Republican primary debate back in March. Bret Baier asked Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, and Donald Trump if they would all support the Republican nominee, no matter who it is.

BRET BAIER : Can you definitively say you will support the Republican nominee, even if that nominee is Donald J. Trump?

TED CRUZ : Yes, because I gave my word that I would.

This prompted Trevor Noah, on The Daily Show, to exclaim :

TREVOR NOAH : Trust Ted Cruz to grow a conscience at the worst possible time! This is the one time we need you to go back on your word, Ted Cruz! This is when you can use your amorality for good! Now, you lie! Now!

So this is Ted Cruz's idea of support? Wow, it's even worse than when Lindsey Graham endorsed Ted Cruz, and said :

LINDSEY GRAHAM : If you nominate Trump or Cruz, I think you get the same outcome. Whether it's death by being shot or poisoning, does it really matter? ... He was my fifteenth choice. What can I say? ... I think he'd make a better President than Trump. Would he make the best President? No, I don't think so ... We can lose in 2016, and we probably will ...

"Well, the good news is that no matter who wins, you all lose."

Comment

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Ted Cruz wasn't presenting his remarks as a show of support for Donald Trump.

Lindsey Graham, in my opinion, still holds the record for the Worst Endorsement Ever.
                      "Come on. Donald Trump didn't think he was going to win this thing, either, and I'm guessing that right now, he is spinning out. He's probably looking at a map of the United States and thinking, 'Wait, HOW long does this wall have to be?!'" - Seth Meyers

Comment

Originally posted by EricKei View Post
                        I don't reccomend it he's a creepy sexist scumbag http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1334064...bal-gender-war

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                          I don't reccomend it he's a creepy sexist scumbag http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1334064...bal-gender-war
                          Reading this blog entry, I do not arrive at the same conclusion you apparently did. Would you care to elaborate?
                          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
                            Reading this blog entry, I do not arrive at the same conclusion you apparently did. Would you care to elaborate?
                            Apparently a lot of people think he's a "Male Rights Activist".

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                              Apparently a lot of people think he's a "Male Rights Activist".
                              I can see that, going by the linked article.

"Men traditionally take the lead in dating and romance but women get to decide when sex is okay, so patriarchy is a lie and women have special privileges" is pretty standard meninist nonsense.
                              "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                              TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
                              X