Bathroom Policy SCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Policy SCs

I was in a Big Box Store the other day and while I was checking out, I heard a couple of people over by the customer service desk interrogating the manager about the store policy on bathrooms.

Ever since the NC Anti-Transgender bill passed bathrooms have suddenly become a hot political topic.

As a result, some of the supporters of measures like the NC Bill are lashing out against companies like the Box store I was in and urging people to boycott, complain to the managers (while videoing of course), load up carts with merchandise and then leave the store and so on and so forth.

And all of this much to the disgust of the employees at said store who have absolutely NOTHING to do with corporate policy.

This, THIS is America in 2016?? Where something as mundane as going to the bathroom has polarized us?

It's so stupid. I just want to get off this crazy train and never look back. Somehow I don't think that's going to be easy.

Just...fuck people who deliberately make employees lives hell.

"I want to make sure you aren't some kind of pervert...by looking at your genitals..."
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

At one of my family's favorite restaurants, a man (possibly an employee? hazy on this) followed a small girl into the ladies room and forcibly attempted to undress her. She screamed, people came busting in, and the man was arrested.

"Bathroom Policing" laws would have done absolutely nothing to protect that girl. Such blatant assaults are already very rare. (If they weren't, the NC bathroom police would be citing incidents.) And existing laws were sufficient to prosecute the criminal. It is recognized that our society views "using the wrong bathroom" as a transgressive act, and that the force of custom is enough to cause compliance.

It's interesting that the "party of small government" forgets about government intrusion the moment it is pandering to THEIR prejudices.

Comment

As Salesmonkey said -- One of the big "arguments" against allowing MtF TG's to use a women's bathroom is that they presume that they're there to do bad things to their little girls...So, this make me ask the question: What about the guys (TG or otherwise) in the MEN's bathrooms who are looking to do bad things to their sons?

No matter what one's ____-sexuality may be, the bad ones are bad ones. Assholes be assholes, idiots, be idiots, perverts be perverts, and sick fuckers who prey on kids be yada yada yada. Assuming that someone IS a pervert or a predator simply because their sexuality or gender identity doesn't jive with your own notions, doesn't make it so.
        "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
        "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Working...
        X