RNC goes as one would expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
    well, I suppose the good thing is that if they continue acting like complete and utter gibbering morons, then they should face electoral annihilation come November. Voters might not always be the wisest people on earth, but there s a limit, and the republicans are reminding me of Labour before last year's election.
    I'm still wondering what that limit is. I mean, fuck, at this point I think the limit with some of these people would be if Donald takes off a mask to reveal he was Hillary all this time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJaneway View Post
        You also missed the fact that trump's wife practically copied Michelle Obama's speech from 2008 DNC.
        Scandal in classical studies! The epics "The Iliad" and "The Odessey", long believed to have been written by Homer, turned out to be plagiarized from works by Melania Trump.

Anyone else familiar with Cleveland's unflattering nickname "The Mistake on the Lake"? The RNC is living down to that nickname.

A message to all the political satirists out there. You did a good job with that elaborate prank, portraying an intolerant buffoon as coming from behind to win the nomination of a major party. Enough is enough, though - who is REALLY the Republican candidate for President?

Comment

As a bonus turd to the shitpile that is the RNC, guess who has a suit filed against him for allegations of raping a 13-year old in 1994?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b..._10619944.html

If you said Trump, you'd be right on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Salted Grump View Post
            As a bonus turd to the shitpile that is the RNC, guess who has a suit filed against him for allegations of raping a 13-year old in 1994?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b..._10619944.html

If you said Trump, you'd be right on the money.
            Can you imagine the outcry from the "liberal" media if a democratic candidate had that kind of baggage? Funny how Trump gets a free pass...
            Customer: I need an Apache.
            Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

This could have gone two ways, as I saw it.

Trump could have gotten his act together and delivered a disciplined message replete with policy to unify Republicans and provide a true threat to what they see as Clinton's hegemony. His speakers could have outlined multi-point plans to stand in direct competition with progressive ideology. It was unlikely, but possible. Even George W. Bush didn't stand at the podium sniffing his armpits; he was capable of delivering a message when the moment called for one. The Trump that emerged from that convention would have been hailed as a complete turnaround from the messy, contentious Trump that won the nomination.

The other way, the way that I saw as more likely, is that the convention would invite a handful of circus clowns to perform, incite the crowd, make a bunch of gaffes that we'd all have a laugh about, and end with nobody taking Trump seriously. We'd have a few impolitic quotes to beat Trump over the head with in the general, a few Republican leaders would make jackasses out of themselves, and the party would select some keynote speakers to parade as candidates four years down the road.

There was always a chance that we'd see a repeat of 1968, which nobody really wanted to see, but a few people had to admit were likely.

What actually happened...I never, ever, ever, ever expected to happen in America. There were so many missteps that the press couldn't keep up. Melania plagiarized parts of her speech; to run cover, the head of the campaign cited My Little Pony. Ted Cruz was booed off the stage. Scott Baio was treated as the last best hope for the party. Sources close to the campaign admitted that Trump was trying to weasel out of his VP choice at the eleventh hour. Steve King opened his big yap. Twice. There was a norovirus outbreak, for God's sake. Pictures of the convention floor showed the whitest political gathering since the invention of color film. Laura Ingraham gave the candidate a Bellamy salute. The words "dumpster fire" became pathetically insufficient. This was an American catastrophe of legendary proportions - and THEN Donald Trump swaggered up to the microphone.

Whereupon he gave a speech indicating that we were all living in some kind of postapocalyptic dystopia, none of us were safe, and the country was facing an existential crisis of historic proportions. Under a gigantic sign in gold bearing his name, the candidate said, "I alone can fix it." Not included: how.

The scene should have shocked the conscience of every freedom-loving American. It should have looked hauntingly familiar to anyone who's ever opened a history book. I have friends in Venezuela - a country where you can only shop (in an empty supermarket) on Thursday - asking if things are all right up here. A friend in Chile begged us "not to give up on democracy." And a lot of my friends here at home are too hung up on some e-mail server or other to help make sure Trump's philosophy is consigned to the dumpster of history.

Comment

Mom just commented that Vigo the Carpathian has indeed found a new body in the form of Donald Trump.
                "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
                  Mom just commented that Vigo the Carpathian has indeed found a new body in the form of Donald Trump.
                  At least Vigo had a plan for what he was doing.

Comment

Latest I've heard is that Trump is setting up a couple super-PACs to tear apart Cruz and Kaich if they ever run for public office again. Why? Because they didn't endorse him once he won the nomination.

Comment

Should I be worried that I'm not surprised...?
                      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                        Latest I've heard is that Trump is setting up a couple super-PACs to tear apart Cruz and Kaich if they ever run for public office again. Why? Because they didn't endorse him once he won the nomination.
                        The GOP is combusting, and Trumpty Dumpty is spraying gasoline on the fire. There's a harsh, unpleasant lesson to learn from this debacle, but I don't know if the bigwigs are able to learn it.
                        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
                          The GOP is combusting, and Trumpty Dumpty is spraying gasoline on the fire. There's a harsh, unpleasant lesson to learn from this debacle, but I don't know if the bigwigs are able to learn it.
                          I think they are in the "Trump is a bad dream" for of denial still.

Comment

Laurie Penny and Milo Yannopoulis walk into a party at the RNC...

And, no: that's not a joke.

https://medium.com/welcome-to-the-sc...932#.n6yn97n7i
                            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

My only response to the RNC convention is this:

WELCOME To the 74th annual HUNGER GAMES

I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                                I think with a statement like that, Trump has officially become a Captain Planet villain.

Comment

Working...
                                X