Ironcially Trump may win for the same reason Obama did in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjr View Post
    So, from your Canadian (I assume) perspective, what does qualify someone to be President?
    Where he lives is ultimately irrelevant. I don't live in the Philippines, but I can tell you that a leader calling for open vigilantism isn't a moral/effective/inspiring leader.

Comment

Comment

MJR I was born in 1980. If they could peg President Bill Clinton on sexual assault his impeachment wouldn't have been about him lying under oath.

I know everyone focuses on the sexual affairs he had one of which was found out because Monica bragged to her friend about it. I don't know who made up the lie about sexual assault but seriously it would have come out with how hard people were gunning for him. Powerful people that could have easily trumped Hillary Clinton who at the time hadn't been Senator yet and was in her own right not all that powerful.

The "mean things" Trump has said inform what bills he would veto and what rights he would try to take away. The fact the mean things he's said weren't "we dug up this thing he said decades ago" but things he said while trying to be elected indicate he doesn't care about anyone but himself.

This kind of worries me. Trump eyes the presidency with a hunger that is more like a Shark. The one thing he didn't actually try to refute at the debate is the fact he pays no taxes.

Guess what everyone's decisions have gotten people killed. The difference is do they care.

Trump doesn't give a shit. The situation of an Iranian ship taunting a US one was for the US one to destroy the Iranian one even though that absolutely would start a war. Thus causing a lot of death and destruction. But that's what just a mean thing he said?

He dodged the draft when it was still a thing and has violated US Law in the pursuit of business. I will say that I don't agree with the draft and I respect those who had a moral objection to any war they were being drafted to fight. He didn't he just didn't want to risk his neck for anyone else.

He reminds me of those people that will yell and scream at me, I have served in our military, for questioning the actions of my fellow soldiers saying how we should support every single action they take but who would balk at enlisting themselves and would do anything to prevent their own kids from enlisting.

She has fucked up and made mistakes no shit so has every other person working a job and as someone with a high level job her mistakes affected a lot of people but she's proven time and time again to regret the mistakes and try to be better.

He has how many bankruptcies that are never his fault and he wanted us to what start a further war by stealing Iraq's oil? A person who cares nothing for the people he employs or the soldiers he sends into battle is a horrible leader.

No I am not voting for Hillary because Trump says mean things. I am voting for her because while I don't agree with her on all things I do agree with her on most things she cares and not just about white men like me.

Trump has proven time and time again that all he cares about is Donald J. Trump. He doesn't even care about his constituents if something he does benefits them great if not he doesn't give a shit.

His "mean" things on women tells us where he stand's on women's rights.

His "mean" things on latinos, blacks, muslims is telling too.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me on who to vote for.

But implying the rest of us are voting for her because we are blind to her flaws is short sighted and asinine.

I am studying them both and her flaws haven't disqualified her.

His have. I'll list the reasons Trump told me not to vote for him.

1) "I am a political outsider" he's a rich white man with money and influence if he's a political outsider then I am a senator. He may be coming from the buying political favors side to being the one being bought but he's never been on my side which is the outside.

2) Has both stated he thought Secretary Clinton is doing a great job and is doing a horrible job the latter only after running for office.

3) Was a Birther long after others had long given it up proving that he is either mentally unstable or racist and was using it to try an oust a sitting president because he's Black.

4) Most recently is showing signs of senility. Namely in the debates he was incapable of answering straight questions, repeatedly denied saying things we have him on camera and his verified Twitter account as having said. That raises some serious questions about his health and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way or to be mean.

I am legitimately concerned that he is forgetful in his old age. Not a good trait in a president And my being concerned is the nice reaction others think he's just a flat out liar.

So nah it's not because he's "said mean things" as you maintain it's because she will make decisions for the greater good trying to spare lives rather than take them And yes I understand that Hillary isn't much younger than him but other than the Pneumonia she's been in fine form and my grandmother was sharp as a tack until her passing at 85 so I am not overly concerned about her.

Unlike other people I won't lie to myself and pretend I am tired of "politicians" because I am aware I just don't like politicians that greatly differ from me. Which is fine I am as selfish as everyone else.

But I also wouldn't hire a janitor to be teacher. While I said he's not a political outsider I also said he's the buyer not the buyee.

He knows how to make deals not concessions. He is not a politician and shouldn't hold the highest political office in the land.

So I hope that explains things.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Yes, because THATS the only problem. He said mean things. Not the whole thing where he has virtually no idea how literally anything about politics or government work and has no desire to learn, lies about literally everything no matter how small, has a long history as a corrupt, narcissistic self serving racist sexist asshole, puts forth ideas that are not just profoundly stupid and ignorant of world affairs but are actively dangerous to your country and the world at large and can't control himself for 15 fucking minutes in the job interview for the most powerful position on the planet.

But yeah, its the "mean things" part thats the problem.

Fuck man. I know you can't seem to help yourself with the partisan left/right thing but Jesus Christ, Trump is not on your side. He is on his side. He is not a republican or a democrat. Your political beliefs mean shit to him. In fact you in general mean shit to him ( unless you have a nice pair of tits at least ).

The fact he is the nominee of a major political party in the most powerful country on earth is both completely shameful and abjectly terrifying. There is absolutely no reason. None whatsoever. Zero. Zilch. That any sane, half way intelligent person should vote for him. At all.

If you support Trump, you are a fucking idiot in some capacity or another. Full stop. Period. This is long past the point where you could make any kind of half assed argument for voting for him. He is objectively and subjectively a terrible human being and dangerously unqualified for the position he's seeking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            If you support Trump, you are a fucking idiot in some capacity or another. Full stop. Period. This is long past the point where you could make any kind of half assed argument for voting for him. He is objectively and subjectively a terrible human being and dangerously unqualified for the position he's seeking.
            Yup and a lot of the less rabid supporters have outright admitted "Well of course I hate him and he's a joke but he's my party's candidate"

And that's the thing that's the problem some people are so unwilling to god forbid "think for themselves" that they will vote for the candidate leading their party even if the leadership of said party is jumping shit to vote against him.

The only people that would benefit from a Trump Presidency are White, racist, misogynistic, rich people.

If you aren't all of those you will not benefit.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Oh hey, can I play?

"The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
              TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
              X