Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight about Alicia Machado...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you aren't wrong- and just about nobody is saying Clinton is a saint. It's more that overall, Trump is far, far worse. How I would explain it is that Clinton, when all is said and done, will not do irreparable damage. Trump, on the other hand- either due to stupidity or malice- may actually do irreparable harm, particularly since 3 Supreme Court justices will likely need replacing during the next president's term. (which will be fun, since the Republicans have already all but said they will refuse to confirm any Clinton nominee.)

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      (which will be fun, since the Republicans have already all but said they will refuse to confirm any Clinton nominee.)
      This is why I refuse to vote Republican. I refuse to reward obstructionist behavior.
      I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
        A bit of a goal post move with some narrow criteria, but I'll play.

I'm wording this question carefully: Have you ever, in your life, made fun of or mocked anyone? Just asking.
        Constantly, it's one of my favourite hobbies. Just this morning I spent ten minutes speculating that the man who pulled up beside me in a beat to shit integra that he labeled "The Panty Dropper' and stuck his tounge between his first two fingers in greeting at me had probably never seen a panty drop for any reason, including sit-com like hijinks. Then I spent another 5 minutes speculating that every female ever anywhere would respond to such a greeting by thinking 'Ew, Gross! This guy better get away from me.' It helped to pass the time.

I'd wager if you were honest, the answer to that question is most likely "Yes". Of course, I know exactly where you're going to go with your answer.
        If you really knew exactly where I was going to go with my answer I don't know why you want to ask, but I've answered yours so maybe you'll answer mine. What did your question or my answer have to do with anything that has happened in this thread?

There's an old expression that goes, "When you point a finger at someone, you have fingers pointing back at yourself."
        Yes, but at least they're not on either side of my wiggling tounge while I 'greet' another human being.

I want to know what the point of that expression in this context means. You acknowledge your ignorance of a subject and ask for clarification (the original post), you receive but ignore the clarification in further posts (so you're not pointing fingers at yourself?) and now you are upset when people are pointing out the bad behaviour Trump exhibited (because they are pointing fingers at themselves?)?

I can't even tell if you're upset, and I don't understand much of the point you are trying to make in the last couple posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
          saying shit between friends
          Not what I said. What I asked was if you'd ever made fun of anyone.

But let me rephrase to be more precise: Have you ever made fun of someone, in a malicious way, that wasn't your friend or a relative, and not done it behind their back?

And? There's a difference between being genuinely nice, being a hard boss, being a bit snappish, and being an ass of a boss who airs his employees' dirty laundry in an attempt to modify their behavior since they can't retaliate.
          So which one is Hillary?

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
            How I would explain it is that Clinton, when all is said and done, will not do irreparable damage.
            We don't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
              This is why I refuse to vote Republican. I refuse to reward obstructionist behavior.
              Is that in the same world where when Democrats say they want to "compromise" it means "give us what we want, or you're obstructing"?

Comment

Originally posted by NecCat View Post
                What did your question or my answer have to do with anything that has happened in this thread?
                A little thing called "consistency". And to remind people (myself included) that we're not the angels we may make ourselves out to be.

It's "pearl clutching" to an extent, really. If Trump really is that bad, a more appropriate response would be "Is anyone surprised?"

Kinda like my response when I see that one of the Kardashians is involved in another piece of drama.

I want to know what the point of that expression in this context means. You acknowledge your ignorance of a subject and ask for clarification (the original post),
                What makes you think there was ignorance involved?

now you are upset when people are pointing out the bad behaviour Trump exhibited (because they are pointing fingers at themselves?)?
                Who said I was upset?

I can't even tell if you're upset, and I don't understand much of the point you are trying to make in the last couple posts.
                Mostly a point about general human nature.

Comment

We don't know that.
                  I suppose, but Trump is far more likely to do irreparable damage than Hilary. The difference is Hilary is an experienced politician- if she was going to do something insane, she would likely have already done it. Trump, on the other hand, has consistently acted in a way that, if he was President, would cause disaster. Trump, honestly, reminds me of a little kid- it's for other people to worry about the consequences of his actions. That is extremely dangerous in a President.

Comment

Not what I said. What I asked was if you'd ever made fun of anyone.

But let me rephrase to be more precise: Have you ever made fun of someone, in a malicious way, that wasn't your friend or a relative, and not done it behind their back?
                    And I agreed that I had. But, I further said that there is a difference in saying that sort of shit in a private group of friends and in front of the media.

It doesn't mean that I'm saying that I'm a nicer person.

It means that I'm saying I'm a more circumspect person.

We don't vote for people on their ability to be nice. We vote for them on their ability to get the job done and not play a fool on an international scale. It's nice if we can get a Mr. Smith. But Mr. Smith is rare, even out in the wilds of the civilian world.

Again. We would not be talking about this stuff if Trump could've kept his moth shut in front of the cameras.

That's the big difference.

So which one is Hillary?
                    The one that doesn't air her dirty laundry to the media. And that's all that matters.

Is that in the same world where when Democrats Republicans say they want to "compromise" it means "give us what we want, or you're obstructing"?
                    ....you got the wrong party there. FTFY.
                    I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
                    X