Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rioting and burning down your town is not "protesting".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    He's back to calling Hillary a good person too. After, you know, quite literally calling her the devil. For months.
    Didn't the "Democrat Savior" Bernie Sanders say Clinton was horrible as well until he suddenly flip-flopped and said she would be a great candidate as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
      Didn't the "Democrat Savior" Bernie Sanders say Clinton was horrible as well until he suddenly flip-flopped and said she would be a great candidate as well?
      That was.....rather sad, to be perfectly honest.

I assume it was some sort of attempt at partisan something or other.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post

That was.....rather sad, to be perfectly honest.

I assume it was some sort of attempt at partisan something or other.
        Building partisan bridges and what have you. Plus he didn't want his followers to be the reason Trump won.

I will note one major difference between Bernie's flip and Trump's: Bernie and his followers weren't calling for her arrest.
        I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
          Building partisan bridges and what have you. Plus he didn't want his followers to be the reason Trump won.

I will note one major difference between Bernie's flip and Trump's: Bernie and his followers weren't calling for her arrest.
          Well, I was referring to A) Actually attempting to equate anything Bernie said with the "Hang That Bitch" brigade and B) Injecting a random "Well, Bernie did it too!" into the discussion as if that has any bearing on it or makes it any better.

I was trying to, politely as I could, call out an incredibly poor attempt at being a partisan shit disturber by another forum member. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
            Can we stop pretending that it is?
            One of the more awkward realities that I've discovered about my mother is that her definition of "riot" changes depending on how many people of color are involved. To hear her talk about it over Thanksgiving, every major metropolitan center in the United States was burning. Turns out that she thinks that if three people of color gather on a corner and one of them is holding a sign, that's a riot. Meanwhile, Penn State can trash their town defending a pedophile and that's a "protest."

I'm happy to stop pretending that property damage is a protest. We should be better than that. But I'm not going to pretend that every protest is a riot when people of color are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_who View Post
              But I'm not going to pretend that every protest is a riot when people of color are involved.
              There have been a number of actual peaceful protests involving people of color.

That's vastly different from rioting and burning down neighborhoods.

Comment

Working...
              X