Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, anybody gonna make fun of the California Secessionists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, anybody gonna make fun of the California Secessionists?

You know, as it pertains to the "Yes California" movement? For California to secede?

I guess they want to become the "California Republic".

Occasionally, this topic is brought up in Texas, and people seem to have a habit of pointing and giggling when it does.

So, you know, I'm just wondering...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Yes+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

*rolls eyes at the obvious troll bait and wanders back out*
    I has a blog!

Comment

Certainly your prerogative. But you know I'm right.

Comment

Is Youtube's comment system down or something?

Comment

To state the obvious: the people suggesting California secede do not seriously intend it to happen.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

At times Fratching is weird. Its entire purpose is arguments so what was the Troll here?

Honestly I giggled when I heard the California Republic thing floated literally a day after the election. And yea, I think they're as Daft as the Texas secessionists. Anyone who thinks a large country is going to allow a huge generator of GDP to just off and leave is fooling themselves. It also is a bit tone deaf in realizing how those advantages a state is generating are bought. Cali for example became a concentrator of Silicon Valley money by being part of the US period. And in that, they have siphoned off the intellectual capital of at least 45 other states. Their revenue is exclusively tied to the immigration policies of the US and the draw of brainpower from other states. So realistically speaking, if they just decide "we're done here", aside from there being some people that are cut off from their families, the odds of not getting bombed shortly thereafter is exceedingly low. Flat out, they generate excess GDP for the US economy because they have taken greatly from the rest of the country. Same with Texas. Same with New York.

That said, I'm less amused by them than I am the Texas people. Mainly because Texas history as a separate country was that of a failing separate country. I know most people who want to free Texas don't realize that, but basically Mexico and the England were f'n with that country majorly and Texas sort of got forced into joining the US because that was the only way they were going to be able to keep slaves. Their currency sucked and they were too small. Mexico and Europe were in the process of abolishing which left them a tiny slave holding island on a very big stage.
            Last edited by D_Yeti_Esquire; 11-22-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
              At times Fratching is weird. Its entire purpose is arguments so what was the Troll here?
              The obvious "Well aren't you liberals going to make fun of other liberals" slant.

Your statements show an actual care for the topic. The OP's show a desire to one-up.
              I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                The obvious "Well aren't you liberals going to make fun of other liberals" slant.

Your statements show an actual care for the topic. The OP's show a desire to one-up.
                First, I know my Texas History pretty well. I'm a 4th or 5th generation Texan. I've got great grandparents (and further back) who came here (legally) and spoke Czech. Some of my relatives on that side still have Czech-sounding last names. My grandfather still knows some of it.

Second, just seeing how consistent people are. D_Yeti_Esquire has a consistent position.

Hey, they'll probably fail, but if they wanna try it, more power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                  But you know I'm right.
                  About what?

...just seeing how consistent people are. D_Yeti_Esquire has a consistent position.
                  You don't say. Are you going to give Yeti a medal?
                  Customer: I need an Apache.
                  Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                    About what?
                    Oh, just the fact that people like to say "Those crazy Texans", and then point and giggle whenever this is brought up in Texas. But California does it and...crickets.

You don't say. Are you going to give Yeti a medal?
                    For what? Holding a consistent position? Nope. I'm not an "everybody gets a trophy" person.

Comment

Seriously though, is Youtube's comment system down or something? -.-

Comment

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
                        Texas sort of got forced into joining the US because that was the only way they were going to be able to keep slaves. Their currency sucked and they were too small.
                        First time I've heard someone describe Texas as being too small. By what measurement? I assume you're referring to population (Texas is sparsely populated) or dollar value of their economy.

Comment

Some Californians wants to secede because we elected someone who is outwardly racist/sexist/a POS human being who supports rape/etc. That's a legit complaint.

Some Texans want to secede because they are concerned Obama was secretly plotting to takeover Texas with the military during training exercises. They are conspiracy theorist whackjobs.

It's really not the same.
                          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                            Seriously though, is Youtube's comment system down or something? -.-
                            Why don't you check?

Comment

Why don't you check?
                              Not really my thing, I'll leave it to the experts.

Comment

Working...
                              X