Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know, it's amazing and ironic to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, it's amazing and ironic to me...

That some people calling for unity, love, and tolerance right now are saying things like:

"I choose love. Are you with me?"

yet, at the same time, they're saying things like:

"f*** you"

and

"Donald Trump suck a d***"

How is "f**k you" and "Donald Trump suck a d***" in any way "choos(ing) love"?

The same people who say they miss the winter when it's hot out are the same people who say they miss the summer when it's cold out. What's your point? People contradict themselves all the time.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      The same people who say they miss the winter when it's hot out are the same people who say they miss the summer when it's cold out. What's your point? People contradict themselves all the time.
      You don't see any irony there at all?

And you don't see a difference in your example vs:

"I choose Love" and "F**k you!"

Comment

Sure, there's irony.

Just as in "pro-life" advocates sending death threats to people working in abortion clinics.
        Or people campaigning for all animals' right to live, who still think nothíng is wrong with sabotaging raised blinds, causing injuries or death to the hunters using them.
        Or don't get me started on people like the Westboro Baptist Church, who call themselves Christian but don't seem to be interested in the faith's tenets about compassion and love.

People are hypocrites. That's not new.
        "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
        "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
          Sure, there's irony.

Just as in "pro-life" advocates sending death threats to people working in abortion clinics.
          Or people campaigning for all animals' right to live, who still think nothíng is wrong with sabotaging raised blinds, causing injuries or death to the hunters using them.
          Or don't get me started on people like the Westboro Baptist Church, who call themselves Christian but don't seem to be interested in the faith's tenets about compassion and love.

People are hypocrites. That's not new.
          Thank you. All of your examples above I have no quibble with, because they are clear examples of hypocrisy.

Comment

I'm still a bit confused about what the point of this thread is. Just pointing out hypocrisy?
            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
              I'm still a bit confused about what the point of this thread is. Just pointing out hypocrisy?
              To a point, yes. Hypocrisy by those who try to give the impression they are "better" or "more tolerant" than those they disagree with/have different views than, because they "choose love", and yet in the very same breath say things like "F**k you".

If you "choose love", then act like it. Saying "F**k you" and "Donald Trump suck a d**k" isn't "choosing love". Is it?

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                To a point, yes. Hypocrisy by those who try to give the impression they are "better" or "more tolerant" than those they disagree with/have different views than, because they "choose love", and yet in the very same breath say things like "F**k you".

If you "choose love", then act like it. Saying "F**k you" and "Donald Trump suck a d**k" isn't "choosing love". Is it?
                A lot of the people doing this truly believe Donald Trump is against "choosing love," given his track record and things he (and Pence) have said, so given that, the hypocrisy is a little blurry.

Calling for assassinations and such aside, saying "choose love" and in the same vein telling Trump to "fuck off [because you don't choose love]" is not exactly a contradictory statement if the reason they're saying so is because they believe he's against tolerance.

Comment

Well, saying "F**k you" is different than saying "F**k off", at least in my opinion, in this case.

But let's see if the ones who claim they're "choos(ing) love" actually do. Something tells me they won't be "choos(ing) love" as much as they say they will be. And Madonna is now backpedaling on some of her comments like a Safety playing Cover 2, now that the Feds have said they're going to investigate her.

Regarding the ones saying they "choose love", I guess we'll see. Their words and actions will show whether they are or not. If they "choose love", does that apply to everyone, or just people they agree with?
                  Last edited by mjr; 01-23-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Seriously? We're going with this shit again?

That some people calling for unity, love, and tolerance right now-

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post

What's wrong? Not choosing love??

Here are your citations, by the way...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celeb...sUM?li=BBnb7Kz

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politi...-speech-march/

Originally posted by Madonna
                      "And to our detractors that insist that this march will never add up to anything: F--k you. F--k you," she said.
                      Yeah, a lot of love she's showing there.
                      Last edited by MadMike; 01-23-2017, 07:44 PM. Reason: Was it really necessary to quote the image???

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post

It's simply stating the obvious and consists of no debate. People are hypocritical all the time. Not worth posting about.

mjr, you want to know what I find hypocritical?
                        • Republicans who tell us to stop being sore losers after having to listen to them bitch and moan the past 8 years.
                        • Republicans telling us we shouldn't make fun of Trump's family after they made fun of Michelle and the kids for 8 years.
                        • People who thing targeting cops is a crime against humanity, but will never question cops constantly targeting and murdering black people in cold blood.
                        • A party who says they want less government, but really just means less government for big business, more government in our personal lives and wallets.

I could go on and on all day.
                        Last edited by MadMike; 01-24-2017, 12:13 AM. Reason: Would everyone PLEASE stop quoting the damn image?!
                        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

• Republicans who tell us to stop being sore losers after having to listen to them bitch and moan the past 8 years.
                          • Republicans telling us we shouldn't make fun of Trump's family after they made fun of Michelle and the kids for 8 years.
                          • People who thing targeting cops is a crime against humanity, but will never question cops constantly targeting and murdering black people in cold blood.
                          • A party who says they want less government, but really just means less government for big business, more government in our personal lives and wallets.

I could go on and on all day.
                          Counterpoints:
                          • "Elections have Consequences. You lost. Get over it." -- President Obama
                          • Not ALL Republicans made fun of Michelle Obama or Malia & Sasha. Most that I know didn't.
                          • Only if you think ALL cops target black people. Do you think targeting cops is good or bad? Do you think most cops are good or bad?
                          • As opposed to a government that wants to tell everyone what they MUST do? Sounds kind of Owellian to me.

And how about the rhetoric from the left (and it's heard a lot) that Conservatives are somehow all bigoted, backwards, racist, hateful people if we don't agree in lock-step with liberal positions?

Comment

Counterpoints:
                            • "Elections have Consequences. You lost. Get over it." -- President Obama
                            • Not ALL Republicans made fun of Michelle Obama or Malia & Sasha. Most that I know didn't.
                            • Only if you think ALL cops target black people. Do you think targeting cops is good or bad? Do you think most cops are good or bad?
                            • As opposed to a government that wants to tell everyone what they MUST do? Sounds kind of Owellian to me.

And how about the rhetoric from the left (and it's heard a lot) that Conservatives are somehow all bigoted, backwards, racist, hateful people if we don't agree in lock-step with liberal positions?
                            Trump lost the popular vote to Clinton. The circumstances are completely different from when Obama won.

Not all liberals are doing the crap you regularly post about.

Not all cops target black people but the extreme majority of them cover up each other's wrongdoings.

Government doesn't tell us what we must do. Just a fear-mongering tactic used by Republicans to try to convince people to stay on their side.

You might not be racist/sexist/etc. yourself, but when you support someone who is, you are encouraging it.

Comment

Trump lost the popular vote to Clinton. The circumstances are completely different from when Obama won.
                              Two words: Electoral college.

Not all liberals are doing the crap you regularly post about.
                              And not all Republicans/Conservatives are racist, bigoted hatemongers. I'm glad we can agree on something. In fact, I'd wager a majority aren't.

Government doesn't tell us what we must do.
                              Ok, then it's more like "You can't do that".

Just a fear-mongering tactic used by Republicans to try to convince people to stay on their side.
                              Like Democrats don't pull that same crap. If you think they don't, you weren't paying attention to the election.

You might not be racist/sexist/etc. yourself, but when you support someone who is, you are encouraging it.
                              You didn't destroy government emails. But when you support someone who did, you're encouraging it.

Comment

Working...
                              X