Newt Gingrich Rails against Pride Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newt Gingrich Rails against Pride Flag

Newt Gingrich said that hanging the Pride Flag is "Anti-American" and an attack on "Christian Values."

Where were these "Christian Values" when Newt Gingrich cheated on his first wife when she got sick and then cheated on his second wife when SHE got sick? He also wants to ignore that the United States has LGBT+ people.
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

There are part of the bible he likes, and parts he doesn't like!
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

This one is tricky for me because on the one hand, Gingrich is an ass.

On the other, the idea that raising flag of an ideology/identification (regardless of how well intentionened) opens up a completely different pandoras box. The Rainbow Flag, even if it represents a protected class is flown over an embassy has some rather ugly fallout.

It should be a given that at that point Religion, also a protected class, could be flown during certain holidays. Are race based flags OK since they are also protected classes? Take it a step further and what's to stop a punisher flag or a Thin Blue Line flag? Would everyone rightly say that that's over the line since it's not a protected class or would the fact we've ok'd protected class now make this the next target?

I say this as someone who complained about Trumper's putting Trump flags up though, so for me this position isn't inconsistent.

Comment

"Newt Gingrich, a newt? That's something that small green and slimy! How did his mother know how he was going to turn out when she named him???" - old comedy sketch

Seriously Newt Gingrich can go screw someone else's wife.
        And the Republican party has made it abundantly clear they have no values, beyond themselves winning and someone else losing.
        Customer: I need an Apache.
        Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Working...
        X