No announcement yet.

Politicians vs. Pundits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravenstahl is an idiot who got lucky. The only reason he got his first term...was because of O'Connor's death. Then he got his second term...and things went to shit.

In fact, I found out today, that he was supposed to *extend* the emergency act here because of all the snow. But, nobody could find him! He went AWOL, and didn't sign on the act, and is now pissed because people are calling him out on it. Apparently *we* are the problem--he's actually blaming *us* for his mistake, instead of owning up to letting us all down.

As much as I can't stand our governor (Ed Rendell), at least he had the balls to say "Hey, I fucked up" when the turnpike was shut down because of a bad storm not long ago. Not many elected officials ever do that. I can give him some respect for that....

But Ravenstahl, is another story. He chooses to pass the buck. As such, people simply don't respect him. In fact, this might be his last term in office--he only got elected again...by the slimmest majority in 50 years!

Getting back on topic here, many pundits talk...simply because they enjoy the sound of their own voice. Some don't even care about the issues. Instead, they're all about ratings and keeping their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
      Getting back on topic here, many pundits talk...simply because they enjoy the sound of their own voice. Some don't even care about the issues. Instead, they're all about ratings and keeping their jobs.
      *sniff sniff* sounds like.... Glenn Beck? But then, I don't regularly watch or hear his show. He just looks like a clown prancing across the screen with his blackboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond View Post
        *sniff sniff* sounds like.... Glenn Beck? But then, I don't regularly watch or hear his show. He just looks like a clown prancing across the screen with his blackboard.
        I'm somewhat alarmed that, when perusing news sites and youtube for discussions on second amendment rights, Beck occasionally pops up making the exact same argument, minus the cited facts and observations, as all the other pro-gunners.

I guess assholes get lucky once in a while
        All units: IRENE
        HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

If you spew out a thousand and five ideas, eventually one or two will be winners.
          I hold up the example of Stephen King. A Good author, to be sure. His books are known, his name is known... however, now that he's releasing his "Short stories", and how many of his books were made into movies, you have to wonder how many times he shorted himself. I have a hard time finding his movies or stories 'scary' even though that is the kind of author he was billed as.
          The movie 'Teeth" IMDB scared me more. It has FANGS!!!

Comment

Protege, I would love to know how Ravenstahl thought it was your fault, but probably not in this thread... lol.

Comment

Fryk, to cross over from the snow-shoveling sidewalk thread (on Things I Hate? I think?)
              [sarcasm] Of course it's your fault! Those are your sidewalks and your streets! Why aren't you out there shoveling them?!? [/sarcasm]

And this is why I hate politicians.

Comment

Working...
              X