No announcement yet.

Voting for neither one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, it usually comes down to the "lesser of two evils." But what do you do when both of the choices are equally horrible?
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

[starts broken record] Same monkeys, different suits[/ends broken record]

Yes I vote, every time I can. I do my research, but the problem is that with all the mudslinging..it is near impossible to tell fact from fiction. So you might as well throw a set of dice to decide which the 'lesser of two evils' are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
        [starts broken record] Same monkeys, different suits[/ends broken record]
        Yes I vote, every time I can. I do my research, but the problem is that with all the mudslinging..it is near impossible to tell fact from fiction. So you might as well throw a set of dice to decide which the 'lesser of two evils' are.
        A politician's voting record is made public. If his opponent accuses him of voting against the people's best interests, you can look up his voting history and see how he had really voted.
        "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
        -- OMM 0000

Comment

Originally posted by Ipecac Drano View Post
          A politician's voting record is made public. If his opponent accuses him of voting against the people's best interests, you can look up his voting history and see how he had really voted.
          This.

Plus, there are myriad sites all over the Internet that will do all of the hard work for you. It's usually not that difficult to discern which ones are reliable.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Absolutely, however, as many politicians have proved..voting record means spit. They can and will flip flop on issues. Political climates change, and to get x they will sacrifice their vote on y to get it. Or some lobbyist pays enough for them to change their vote. *shrugs*

Comment

Absolutely, however, as many politicians have proved..voting record means spit. They can and will flip flop on issues. Political climates change, and to get x they will sacrifice their vote on y to get it. Or some lobbyist pays enough for them to change their vote. *shrugs*
              Oh, don't stop there! Humans have also been known to kill each other! Even though I haven't killed anybody myself, I hold the full potential for being a cold-blooded murderer! Using your logic, if you're not going to vote for the reason stated, don't even think about leaving that room you're in! Be careful when speaking to friends and relatives! If other people kill, what do you think will happen if you take your eyes off your family now that they have gained your trust after all those years? Oh, the humanity!
              Last edited by Ipecac Drano; 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM.
              "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
              -- OMM 0000

Comment

Lol a little much don't you think? Hey, it doesn't bother me what you think of me or my comments *shrugs*. However, there are times when looking through all the candidates for a certain position's history you will see the fact that they have voted one way one time and one way another. More then I'd like. So it is indeed a choice of the lesser of the evils, because money DOES influence politics.

Comment

Lol a little much don't you think?
                  I wasn't commenting about the price, but the principle.

Hey, it doesn't bother me what you think of me or my comments *shrugs*.
                  Nor not much about anything else, either.

However, there are times when looking through all the candidates for a certain position's history you will see the fact that they have voted one way one time and one way another. More then I'd like. So it is indeed a choice of the lesser of the evils, because money DOES influence politics.
                  You already said that part about a politician changing a position; no need to repeat it. But it's no excuse for sitting on your hands. Plus, what you had (re)stated is more the exception than the rule.

And, if you assert that money influences politics (it does), it's easy to see which way it flows and you can vote for the candidate who you feel will benefit you and other people: "That guy gets money from BP, whereas the other guy gets money from the farmers' co-op." Well, do you want to elect the polluter or the nourisher?
                  Last edited by Ipecac Drano; 12-12-2010, 08:15 PM.
                  -- OMM 0000

Comment

Working...
                  X