Nothing's Getting Accomplished Next Two Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing's Getting Accomplished Next Two Years

If nothing major gets accomplished in the next two years, it'll be Obama's fault.

But if stuff does get done, it'll obviously be due to the Republican majority.

It just pisses me off that the goal of politics is to prevent the other party from doing anything, even if it's something really good for the country. And then the only politicians who actually will vote with the other side to get stuff done will not get re-elected by their party.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

As Fiance said last night: "Wooo, a split Congress!!! Now shit's not gonna get done twice as fast!" Sad but true. Personally, I'm more worried about the conservative dickwad who's taking over as KS Governor. Just when we need to increase spending for education (public schools are struggling, college professors haven't had a merit raise in about 4 years, etc.), he's going to slash taxes, to do things, "The Kansas way!!"

Come Back, Sebelius....Come BAAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Comment

Wisconsin was in dire need of a Republican governor. Doyle and his radical beliefs backed up by the rest of the radicals in Madison were making this place out of control with taxes and nothing but job losses.

Not to mention career politicians like Russ Feingold should have had the boot years ago. Good riddance.

Comment

A big part of me is just glad the election is over. The same can be said for many people, I'm sure. This cartoon states that.

http://audio.dispatch.com/data/stahl...stah101103.jpg

I actually don't mind the gains, though I do wish my governor had won re-election. Early in the evening, he was ahead, but then John Kasich edged him out 49% to 47%. Oh well.

Right-wingers and Republicans have been so fervently crying in their beer since getting hammered in the 2006 and 2008 elections that I actually don't mind that the voters gave them a bone, though it would have nice if the bone had been smaller. At least now when stuff goes wrong, both parties can share the blame.

All of this kind of makes me question the logical skills of the American people. I know that probably sounds unpatriotic of me, but these recent events bring to mind the image of an employee who gets fed up with a really lousy, destructive and obnoxious employee, fires that employee, and then hires someone else to do the job only to get unsatisfied and impatient with the new employee and fire him and rehire the old employee.

Oh well, like I said, the parties how have shared power. Perhaps all the sparring and gridlock that will come in the near future will produce some productive results for our country.

Comment

It's just going to be worse in 2012 for the democrats when obama gets voted out of office. nothing will get done because no one will cooperate out of fear that they will not be supported by their party.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher View Post
            It's just going to be worse in 2012 for the democrats when obama gets voted out of office.
            I wouldn't count on that. Who do the Republicans have to put against him? Palin? Guliani? Huckabee? I can't see any of them standing a chance against Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher View Post
              It's just going to be worse in 2012 for the democrats when obama gets voted out of office.
              Depends on who the Republicans have run. If it's Palin or some other extremist moron, Obama is a lock.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                I wouldn't count on that. Who do the Republicans have to put against him? Palin? Guliani? Huckabee? I can't see any of them standing a chance against Obama.

actually talk is they're looking to Mitt Romney-which Obama wouldn't stand a chance against.
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

He could probably win against Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                    actually talk is they're looking to Mitt Romney-which Obama wouldn't stand a chance against.
                    That thought scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                      All of this kind of makes me question the logical skills of the American people. I know that probably sounds unpatriotic of me, but these recent events bring to mind the image of an employee who gets fed up with a really lousy, destructive and obnoxious employee, fires that employee, and then hires someone else to do the job only to get unsatisfied and impatient with the new employee and fire him and rehire the old employee.
                      And the cycle could continue forever.

Take a look at how Bush Jr campaigned: bringing integrity back to the White House after Clinton's affair with an intern.

Then Obama: Change you can believe in. Stopping bad politics.

And now, with this midterm election, it was all about how screwed up we were with bailouts, etc. So the republicans will step in.

I don't remember much before Clinton (sorry to make some of you feel old ). Can anyone confirm if this trend existed in the 80s and before?

What I predict is that, after the Democrats had their time screwing things up in Washington, now the Republicans are going to screw things up in Washington, so the Democrats will rush in to save the day. Again.

Can't we ever elect someone based on how awesome they are, and not how horrible their opponent is?
                      The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
                      my brother's

Comment

The way it was explained to me is that trickle down economics worked.

Nowadays, we are trickling up. This is bad. Very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday
                          It just pisses me off that the goal of politics is to prevent the other party from doing anything, even if it's something really good for the country.
                          Almost right: the goal is to stop the other party from doing anything especially if i's something really good. If they do something bad you can use that against them, but you can't risk their getting credit for doing anything right!

Originally posted by christopher
                          That's an interesting assumption to make, this far out.

Originally posted by joe hx
                          What I predict is that, after the Democrats had their time screwing things up in Washington...
                          To me, that's exactly the trouble: they HAVEN'T "had their time screwing up." They've hardly had any time at all, and, while they were incredibly slow, and while what they have done could have been better, they *were* moving in generally the right direction. But the economy runs elections; when the economy is doing badly, regardless of whether the politicians in power are working to improve things, or if it's all they can do to keep it from being even worse.... and regardless of whether there's even anything they COULD do, people vote for incumbents only when the economy is, or seems to be, running well.
                          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                            Not if you're one of the ones at the bottom waiting for a few drops to "trickle down."

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

Nowadays, we are trickling up. This is bad. Very bad.
                              What we have now is trickle up poverity.

Trickly down does work, just not fast enough for most folks. All of us that have jobs in the private sector are benefiting from trickle down economics.
                              Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X