X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
    Can this now be used as a precedent to fight laws that mandate Car Insurance?
    No. Apples to oranges.

The Health Insurance requirement would have been for the person and any dependents they have. Car Insurance requirements are specifically for the other person.

Well, and the insurance providers... >_>

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• Frantic Freddie
    replied
    Can this now be used as a precedent to fight laws that mandate Car Insurance? here in Nevada it's a $250 fine and a suspended license if you don't have Car Insurance. And you don't have to be pulled over and cited for it first. The insurance companies report you to the DMV when your policy is terminated.
    Probably not,since driving is a choice,you choose to drive then you choose to obey the laws.If you choose not to drive then you don't have to pay those taxes fees.

Leave a comment:

• Rageaholic
    replied
    Can this now be used as a precedent to fight laws that mandate Car Insurance? here in Nevada it's a $250 fine and a suspended license if you don't have Car Insurance. And you don't have to be pulled over and cited for it first. The insurance companies report you to the DMV when your policy is terminated.
    Yeah, I think manditory car insurance is bullshit, especially since it's no fault in my state.

I'm all for national healthcare, but I don't think it should be manditory. I mean what if you can't afford it? Insurance should be a choice, not a requirement.

Leave a comment:

• crashhelmet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IDrinkaRum
    started a topic Key provision in HealthCare Law

Key provision in HealthCare Law

is deemed unconstitutional by Virginia state judge

Originally posted by article
    U.S. District Court Judge Henry Hudson said that forcing individuals to purchase health insurance was in violation of the Constitution's "commerce clause," The Washington Post reported.

The courts cannot enforce the law's requirement that Americans be fined if they don't have health insurance by 2014, the judge said in a 42-page opinion.
    Though Hudson as said this part of the law is unconstitutional, the rest of the law is not, and can move forward as it is supposed to. (either in increments until 2014 or in full in 2014).
Working...
X