Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor Calls a Cop an Idiot

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...cop-idiot.html

The newly elected governor of my state is in some hot water over some remarks he made while speaking to Ohio EPA employees. Basically, he talked about getting pulled over on January 8, 2008 for not moving over for an emergency vehicle with its lights on, and he called the cop who pulled him over an idiot. Here are his remarks as quoted in the article.

"Have you ever been stopped by a policeman who's an idiot?" the governor asked.

"I had this idiot pull me over on (Route) 315. He says, 'You passed this emergency vehicle on the side of the road and you didn't yield. I said, 'I didn't... officer, are you kidding? I didn't see... where the heck was it? The last thing I would ever do would be to pass an emergency... Are you kidding me?'

"He says, 'Well, I understand, give me your license... goes back to the car, comes back, gives me a ticket. He says, 'You must report to court. If you don't report to court, we're putting a warrant out for your arrest.'

"He's an idiot. We just can't act that way. And what people resent are people who work in government who don't treat the client with respect."

Governor Kasich did eventually apologize to the officer for his remarks, though.

http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live...litics&sid=101

Back when Kasich was running for governor, a former grocery store employee had published an article in one of the suburban newspapers about how Kasich had been an SC to him once. That incident allegedly happened back in 1988. Evidently, that person got several other people to come forward with similar stories, too, and people were wondering if there would be a campaign of service workers against Kasich.

As for the comments about the police officer being an idiot, the police groups are saying that he doesn't have any respect for them or for the work they do. I guess I can see their point. When I read his remarks, I can't really find it in my heart to defend him.

This guy sounds like another that's going to end up with the "I'm above the law" complex. How long before he's enveloped in his first corruption scandal?
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
      -people were wondering if there would be a campaign of service workers against Kasich.
      We're not that organized. I imagine its more that he's just an asshole. -.-

Comment

Here's a video of Kasich making the remarks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0_Qe4zNrE

Also, here is the dashcam video from the police officer who pulled him over. In the video, Kasich's car is the white car that appears almost under the highway sign at the beginning of the video. When the traffic stop is taking place, you can hear their voices, but they're kind of muffled.

Keep in mind, Kasich said he didn't see the emergency vehicle along the side of the road.

I'm wondering how he's going to win back the support of the police groups after this.

Comment

Gov Kasich: "I Don't Need Your People"

Wow... I know it's all about context, but his other actions cited in this report are just as insane.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
            Also, here is the dashcam video from the police officer who pulled him over. In the video, Kasich's car is the white car that appears almost under the highway sign at the beginning of the video. When the traffic stop is taking place, you can hear their voices, but they're kind of muffled.

Keep in mind, Kasich said he didn't see the emergency vehicle along the side of the road.

I'm wondering how he's going to win back the support of the police groups after this.
            Um, where?
            The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Originally posted by crazylegs View Post
              Um, where?
              I found it here

Comment

Apparently, I forgot to include the link. I could have sworn I posted that.

I saw crazyleg's post earlier today, but I was at work and would probably not have been able to pull up the link I had posted. The url that crashhelmet found is not the same one I intended to post, but it's still the same video. Thanks, crash.

Comment

Working...
                X