A New broad defination of miscarriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New broad defination of miscarriage

A Georgia State law maker had continually introuduced a bill that could possibly define a woman who has a miscarriage a murderer.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...st=latestnews#
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I think he's trying to say that reckless actions like drinking or smoking or some such while pregnant causing a miscarriage would be illegal.

The problem is, it shouldn't be the woman's responsibility to prove she's innocent. It should be the prosecution's job to prove she was reckless. That whole innocent until proven guilty thing.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

We don't need our jails and prisons cluttered up with a bunch of young women who didn't know they were pregnant, or were in no condition to care for an unborn baby and themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        We don't need our jails and prisons cluttered up with a bunch of young women who didn't know they were pregnant, or were in no condition to care for an unborn baby and themselves.
        Exactly. According to this: http://www.medicinenet.com/miscarriage/article.htm#tocc 60%-70% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. 15%-20% of recognized pregnancies end that way. So, if you don't even know you're pregnant to begin with, how can you be held accountable if you miscarry?
        Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

I just have this horrendous (probably over-dramatic, but nonetheless horrendous) vision in my head of thousands of 16-30 year old women in jails and prisons, some just days from going into labor. Yeah, that's the real solution here.

What looney tune, too far pro-lifer thought of this bullshit?

I am conservative in most aspects, but when it comes to unplanned pregnancies and abortion, I am very liberal. I do not favor abortion, don't get me wrong, but the pressure on young girls to keep their babies and the lack of information about adoption really irritates me. And these people on the far right then wonder how states go into financial doo doo over too much state assitance, so many people on welfare and foodstamps. Stop forcing teenaged girls and young women to keep their babies, or to guilt them out of adoption.

There are too many young girls that can't even take proper care of themselves. As bad as it sounds, I'd rather see them be able to terminate their pregnancies (SAFELY, at a clinic) than to be forced to have and keep their kid, whilst still drinking and partying, creating more kids with mental and developmental problems, and creating more strain on taxpayers who have to keep these single young moms afloat because they don't go any futher in life than dropping out of high school and taking care of their kids. Sorry if that's rude, but it's how I feel.

If the young ladies are in a position where they can handle pregnancy, adoption is the way to go. I am ALL FOR adoption. But we certainly cannot just hold down a pregnant 16 year old and force her to be healthy and take care of herself, nor should we expect that they all can and will go to the doctor or know what to do in every situation. If the mother is a risk to the baby by her own irresponsibility and lifestyle, well, then, it's best that we terminate the pregnancy.

Comment

Times like this I'm embarrassed to let people know where I'm from...

Though it makes me wonder at the apparent disconnect between the way "real" people I interact with day-to-day behave and the politicians we elect.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
            X