The Birthers just will not give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    My understanding is that it's the state of Hawaii that wouldn't release it.
    They wouldn't. Obama had to make a special request as the president to actually get it.

Seriously, everyone with some form of common sense knew the short form was good enough. Getting the long form A) Proved nothing we didn't already know, B) Wasted his time and C) Showed that he will bend to the crazies' will.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This will, not shut up the birthers. They'll claim it's a fake, but nothing you EVER show the real, serious birthers will be good enough. NOTHING. EVER. Why? "There is a valid legal reason why Obama cannot be President" is simply a very flimsy cover for "He is not, will not be and cannot be MY (and our) president because <choose one or more> he's black; he's not a Republican; I don't like his policies; (insert your made-up reason here)." Me, I don't like everything he has done (or has not done) so far. But I like him a heck of a lot more than I would have liked McCain. Not all Republicans suck - the Log Cabin guys and the general conservative ideas are great: spend only as much as you need to spend, and don't waste money. Bush was spending billions and a great deal of it didn't seem to be ending up anywhere but peoples' pockets. In my opinion, that's money wasted.

Trump? Again, I've said it before: What Donald Trump does best is make publicity for Donald Trump. He, like Sarah Palin, is very talented at super-gluing his name and face into the news, repeatedly. I honestly don't believe that Trump really believes the birther theory; I think he's latching onto it because it's a hot button and will get him more coverage.

Comment

I don't know who's worse, the birthers or the truthers. Both groups have never let facts get in the way of a juicy conspiracy theory...why start now?

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
          I don't know who's worse, the birthers or the truthers. Both groups have never let facts get in the way of a juicy conspiracy theory...why start now?
          At least the truthers had some scant suggestions of evidence to build a conspiracy theory on with elaborate charts, graphs and videos. Birthers just had "Oh my god he's not white, he can't be American!" and poorly spelled cardboard signs.

Comment

I still say this is the best response to the Birther attacks. Especially the Trump part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4&feature=aso

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
              I still say this is the best response to the Birther attacks. Especially the Trump part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4&feature=aso
              Loved the "birth video"!
              People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
              If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                The shots he took at Fox News were pretty damn funny as well.
                --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post

3. One of Obama's Kenyan relatives said he was born in Kenya.
                  Wasn't this already proven to have been an error in translation?
                  Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

I expect most, if not all, of his Kenyan relatives were born in Kenya
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Gotta love snopes for this one:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

Comment

Working...
                      X