Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eerily prophetic or shocking coincidence??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eerily prophetic or shocking coincidence??

This video will blow your mind. It's a summary clip of the pilot episode for the FOX TV show Lone Gunmen, which was itself an X-files spinoff. Bear in mind this aired about five months BEFORE the event it echoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3WW6eoLcLI

In light of all the theories about what actually went down, tell me that's not a little freaky.

Fact of the matter is, in 50+ years of television history, it'd be more eerie if they DIDN'T predict things.
    Last edited by Hyena Dandy; 04-24-2011, 03:59 AM.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Run a simulation long enough and the slightest possibility will eventually happen. Also, seeing as its the WTC, its not really a stretch to come up with an attack against it. It's a landmark, and landmark's are targets. Especially when you want to drudge up drama in a show/movie. Look how many times the Statue Of Liberty has been threatened, destroyed or damaged in tv and movies.

Also, the circumstances in the show are different than 9/11. The only similarity is "crash plane into WTC". Which isn't a difficult idea to come up with. But in the show its autopilot is being remoted controlled ( hah ) as part of a government conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        Run a simulation long enough and the slightest possibility will eventually happen. Also, seeing as its the WTC, its not really a stretch to come up with an attack against it. It's a landmark, and landmark's are targets.

plus it's not like the WTC wasn't attacked previously or anything
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

5 Absurd (But Mind Blowing) Pop Culture Conspiracy Theories

Comment

I do remember seeing that episode on DVD for the first time and being freaked out.

However, all it does prove is that the idea of that kind of attack was in the public consciousness before the attack happened.

If I remember correctly, Stephen King's original version of "The Running Man" ended with the hero crashing a jet into the TV station's skyscraper building as well... and that was from the early 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pollo Guerrera View Post
              If I remember correctly, Stephen King's Richard Bachman's original version of "The Running Man" ended with the hero crashing a jet into the TV station's skyscraper building as well... and that was from the early 80's.
              yeah I'm a smart ass
              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Yeah, I read "Running Man" too, and I remember the plane crash too. Freaky.

Comment

In Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor, one of the people in the book crashes his 747 into the Capital Building or White House. So it's not like this hasn't been mentioned before.

I vote for coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                  X