Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Corp volunteers speak out about rape and violence

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_860718.html

tis a sad state of things then the very agency that is supposed to promote world peace and understanding denies that very concept to its OWN people and then covers it up AND blames the victims.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

That's terrible, you NEVER blame the victim of a rape for it occurring, EVER!
    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Personally, I really think the peace corps need to be backed up by special forces, you attack/hurt some of the peace corp. We send in a special forces unit to remind the locals that peace corps is there to peacefully help, you screw with them, covert military action will be taken and you will be violently murdered. Some of the countries the peace corps operate in only recognize and respect violence.

I am no surprised the peace corps tries to cover amount the amount of sexual assaults to make it so they don't actually have to do something proactive.

My ex joined the peace corps and one of the host families she was put with had 8 children, and stuff them into one room because part of the being a host family was the volunteer gets their own room, they also ate the extra food she brought with her and the money the family is given is to help support food for the corp memeber, NOT your starving family. Which is generally why host families should be able to support themselves, she was stuck there for a month before they finally agreed to let her switch. Not to mention a year later everyone in the area still thinks she must be a rich tourist and not an aid worker.

Comment

Working...
      X