The "Rise Up" party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Rise Up" party

I figured this was more funny than anything and thought I'd bring it over here since it's political and can also bring forward some good debate. Basically it's a microparty that's JUST set themselves up in Australia. Have a read at their policies....some of them are a bit contradictory

http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/policy-principles

Among the contradictions:

"we reject and oppose multiculturalism, we recognise that Australia is multi-ethnic": so which is it: you support people's races, or you don't support them?

-They're VERY much pro-vigilante.

-They're taking equality to the extreme=basically they're calling for an end to any program that assists on the grounds of "gender, sexual preference, racial or ETHNIC lines"=the last bit sounds a tad contradictory. Also, those programs in question provide equality in other areas...

"No religion shall be forced onto another person" then "We support the traditional family unit of man, woman and children" and they reject Centrelink funding of bigamists and polygamists. Both bigamy and polygamy are ILLEGAL in Australia so I'm not 100% sure where the guy was getting the idea that Centrelink WERE funding them in the first place (turns out that if polygamy is performed overseas, it's recognised for welfare purposes, but the only difference is that their payments get increased slightly...maybe about an extra $50-$60 per fortnight)

"To protect children from abuse of all types" then "we affirm that parents have the right to discipline their kids, this includes SMACKING;we also want parents to give schools that right". Not sure how that part would be enforced...the schools part that is.

-Very pro-life and they're calling for abortions to no longer be taxpayer-funded. That's NOT going to get anywhere.

-Again with the religious freedom argument, they then want schoolchildren to be "taught about our Judeo-Christian heritage" since one of our "Founding Fathers" said so. Parkes submitted the first DRAFT of the idea of Federation, he did not run the country post-federation.

so which is it: you support people's races, or you don't support them?
    I think what they're saying is they think its fine to be black, white, asian, hispanic, whatever, as long as what you are first is Australian. Culture=/=Ethnicity, and while I disagree, I think that its not a contradiction, its just being wrong.

"To protect children from abuse of all types" then "we affirm that parents have the right to discipline their kids, this includes SMACKING;we also want parents to give schools that right
    Again, they don't think whacking your kid a little equals abuse. When they say abuse of all types, they just don't think spanking your kid or whatever is abuse.

While I'm not a fan of these people because they sound like the American Tea Party, I understand what they're saying. Its not all contradictory to them.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
    X