Alabama one ups Arizona with insane immigration law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_std View Post
    ... Why get upset about that? Some of us know you're in Afghanistan, but how are we supposed to know which websites you can and cannot visit? I admit I was thinking the same thing as FArchvisit and Sleepwalker - it would have been easier at the outset of the 'website' argument to know that you simply could not access the webpage that FArchivist had linked to. He might have provided an alternative, otherwise, and we could have skipped this whole tangent.
    If I could have, I would have. Thus the "the website doesn't work" replies.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      If I could have, I would have. Thus the "the website doesn't work" replies.
      Except "the website doesn't work" implies that the website is broken. FArchivist tried to help you by telling you how to make the website work for you. This became unnecessarily complicated because you didn't say, "I'm sorry, I have restricted internet access," and in hindsight, it seems that your phrasing was an "I'm right, you're wrong" lean. Not having access to the same resources as someone State-side is completely fine, so I'm not sure what the point of this whole exchange is.

Comment

Let's drop the whole thing and get back to the actual debate.

In future, it's probably better to give links to websites that don't require registration, wherever possible. If it's impossible, please try to provide the link's information yourself, in your own words.

And despite this, if someone does provide a link that requires registration to read, don't make a federal case out of it.

Comment

Working...
        X