Anti-abortion group seeks to outlaw contraceptives by redefining personhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-abortion group seeks to outlaw contraceptives by redefining personhood

And it looks like they're having a fair bit of success. Women shouldn't be forced to breed like fucking animals.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...contraception/

I would really like to see the anti-abortion stance on welfare, WIC, food-stamps, etc etc. I bet that's a negatory right there as well.

Comment

...because all women who take the Pill are trying to prevent pregnancy. What woman takes the Pill to help with really bad periods that cause them to stay in bed for a few days a month? I mean seriously. Women don't have bad periods. That's just a cover. I'm so ashamed of my hussy self.

"It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

What if we just accepted that whatever a fetus, egg, or embryo is personwise, no person has the right to force another person to support them in a fucking internal organ? Castle doctrine, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
          What if we just accepted that whatever a fetus, egg, or embryo is personwise, no person has the right to force another person to support them in a fucking internal organ? Castle doctrine, bitches.
          You know, even though possibly said in jest, that may become a valid arguement and defence should this happen.
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

From article "Worse, because the proposed legislation could make any effort to terminate a pregnancy a criminal act, it could also bar doctors from saving the lives of women with ectopic pregnancies, which are never viable and need to be terminated as soon as possible"

I mean wow, just wow, it is amazing the amount of rules people try and force onto one another. I get the thou shalt not kill (A real person). But this, thou shalt carry a baby they don't want and will neglect and treat like shit, or abandon the first chance..... SO what if some woman doesn't want to be pregnant, are the legally allowed to stop her form going to the bar every night. far as I nkow it is recommend not to drink, but there is nothing legally against it

Comment

Yes there is, it was in another thread someone started, endangerment of a foetus or something, if the mothers actions can be construed as resbonsible for the death of the foetus she can be charged with homicide.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I'm getting an IUD next month. If something like this happens, what're they going to do? Hold me down and rip it out? HELL NO.

Comment

So now we have to try to save fetuses that are part of an ectopic pregnancy?

Uh, NO. We need to save the MOTHER. Ectopic pregnancies can be deadly for a woman. But I suppose that's somehow the woman's fault......

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

Uh, NO. We need to save the MOTHER. Ectopic pregnancies can be deadly for a woman. But I suppose that's somehow the woman's fault......
                    That's what you get for having woman parts. Should have had guy parts.

I'd like to see what the guys in these anti-abortion groups would say if someone told them they had to carry a parasite in them whether they like it or not.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not only does it risk the mother's life, but isn't the chance of the child surviving practically zero?
                      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

I don't think a fetus can survive in the fallopian tubes. And it's deadly for a woman who is having an ectopic pregnancy.

Comment

So when can we get around to tabling the "Would You Just Stay The Fuck Out Of Other People's Business Already" bill? -.-

Comment

Oh, GK, you're so funny. So funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                              I'd like to see what the guys in these anti-abortion groups would say if someone told them they had to carry a parasite in them whether they like it or not.
                              If that were the case, abortion would be legal and it wouldn't even be in question.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X