No announcement yet.

law passed to prevent release of firearm ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've met several folks that have moved to my AO from up in yankeeland that are amazed that they can buy as many firearms as they can afford. One guy from NY asked what the proceedures were to register the firearms he moved into the state with. I told him there isn't one, it's no one's business what you have nor how many. Then I stuck out my hand to shake his and said "Welcome to America."
    Around Father's day a dealer had AR-15 lower receivers (this is the seriel numbered part and is consider to be the actual firearm) on sale for a very very good price. I ordered 5. I was asked why I needed so many, I said I didn't "need" them I wanted them. I could afford them and easily passed the TIC check and I went about my business. Maybe someday I'll actually build them maybe not, until that time they're sitting on a shelf in my safe.

A newspaper in my state got the state database of carry permit holders and put a searchable database on their website for anyone to use. The DB has names, DOBs, City, county, zipcode, expiration date and (I think) current status. A big stink was raised about this because they had our names and most of our addresses, the bad guys are just a phonebook away from knowing where we live.
    Another local paper was publishing the names of those that received their carry permits. Someone convinced him that that information wasn't news worthy. (As far as I know he wasn't theatened.)
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
    X