US Credit Rating Downgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    It's a 2-party system because everybody has to have a party.
    ^-.-^
    I refuse to vote alongside party reasons for a very simple reason.

Ever tried to figure out where to go for lunch with a small group of people?

Now expand that group to include the entire nation and make it about politics.

Yeah I thought so. Voting the way because your party said, "Oh hey since you have given your thinking over to us vote this way"

It's the equivilant of always picking one person to pick where you all eat lunch and not saying anything if your allergic.

"Oh wait your gay and the party you belong to is overwhelmingly against you and the guy your voting for because your party said to is against you? Well shit man why didn't you speak up we would have eaten somewhere else"
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
      I don't know, it seems like many of the rules that are used to make Congress a nice place have been used to turn it on its heel. I think it started with Clinton have difficulty in getting people through and in tit for tat it was worse for Bush and now with Obama....at some point the cycle is going to have to end.
      It's been going on longer than that. It probably started about the time that Congress started putting laws and regulations together. It was only a matter of time that they'd start using (and bending) those laws and regulations to their own benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
        It's been going on longer than that. It probably started about the time that Congress started putting laws and regulations together.
        Yeah personally I think it started being messed up when Ug lost his seat on the Cave Council
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
          It's been going on longer than that. It probably started about the time that Congress started putting laws and regulations together. It was only a matter of time that they'd start using (and bending) those laws and regulations to their own benefit.
          About the only really nasty fight I remember in the 80's was over Bork. And given his record prior to the nomination, I can understand that fight. I don't recall Senators holding up cabinet spots. Now they have gone beyond the main cabinet and are holding up other slots. In many cases, children seem better behaved.

Comment

We could've averted that if Congress didn't drag their feet (I blame the Republicans more on this) and come up with a viable solution.
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
            X