The Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Census

I saw this status on my friend's facebook wall, and I know he was in no way joking about his answer, but he has a point.

"They sent my Census form back! AGAIN!!! In response to the question: "Do you have any dependents?" I replied - "12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployable people, 2 million people in over 243 prisons; and 535 more in the U.S. House and Senate." Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer."

I saw this on a Lamebook posting a week ago.

Comment

Why try to help the government run smoothly and take an accurate account of its citizens when we can make trite political commentary instead.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
        Why try to help the government run smoothly and take an accurate account of its citizens when we can make trite political commentary instead.
        Yeah, I don't see the point in using the census as a sarcastic feedback form. The Census Buraeu doesn't give a damn what you think about politics. They're trying to help allocate government services and political seats to ensure accurate representation. But hey, fuck that! Imma make a funny.

The only person thats going to read it is a miserable data entry drone who A) Doesn't care, B) Has no power to change anything you're complaining about and C) Is not going to pass along your thoughts to anyone that can do anything about it. So all you've done is annoyed him and made his day worse because now he has to arrange to get a new form sent out to your stupid ass and the taxpayer is footing the postage.

So, bravo?

Comment

As someone who has actually had a job entering data from such forms, though not the census, I can say with utmost certainty that any such inane entries are pretty much ignored completely.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
            I saw this status on my friend's facebook wall, and I know he was in no way joking about his answer, but he has a point.
            Considering that one of my friends posted the exact same thing, I'm pretty sure it was a joke. I thought it was pretty funny myself, but if I thought he had done that for real, I would think it was stupid.
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
              The problem becomes when it won't take an accurate account of its citizens but forces them into the governments pre-concieved moulds of what they are.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
              X