Buffet: Tax Wealthier Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason View Post
    Isn't communism the antithesis of the american free enterprise society?
    what American Free Enterprise? Would that be the same one where the majority of the tax breaks and other breaks go to the large multinationals? Apparently it's only communism if it's some black woman getting food stamps but if one of the more profitable companies in the country doesn't pay taxes and in facts get a couple billion dollar credit..that's Free Enterprise.

Comment

I like how that 'free enterprise society' thing gets snuck in there. Really, isn't applying federal law to southerners the antithesis of confederate american society? Isn't allowing foodstamps to buy non kosher food the antithesis of jewish american society?

Cmon now, I'm sure we can sneaka few more outraged assumptions as to what america is in here. Oooh, I know- government funded animal shelters are the antithesis of ethical animal treatment america!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        Isn't communism the antithesis of the american free enterprise society?
        Maybe. But, you have to prove that this SPECIFIC thing is bad, not just say "It sounds like what Marx said, Marx is a communist, therefore its bad."

You also, if you're up for the challenge, should prove that "the american free enterprise society" is the best society there is.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
          Maybe. But, you have to prove that this SPECIFIC thing is bad, not just say "It sounds like what Marx said, Marx is a communist, therefore its bad."

You also, if you're up for the challenge, should prove that "the american free enterprise society" is the best society there is.
          And who says Captalism is the American way in the first place? It's just an experiment.

Comment

So we see where Republicans really stand on lower taxes. Apparently, they want to end the brief Social Security holiday. I guess when the tax cuts benefit the wealthy, they aren't fine but when they benefit everyone else.

Comment

One other point I wanted to mention....Warren Buffet wasn't saying he should *pay* more taxes...He was saying he should be *taxed* more...there is a difference. Similar to you going to a resturant, and getting a bill for $100. You can pay $120 if you'd like, but your bill is still $100...he's asking for his bill to be $120, if that makes sense.
              Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Working...
              X