Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachman - Gay families aren't families

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/0...-not-families/

I totally disagree, and I'm sure many here will disagree with her bigoted views as well. The fact that she's so popular makes her dangerous in my opinion.

I think it more makes the people who view her favourably dangerous.

That's the part that really scares me.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Part of me wants her to win the nomination... but it's too big a gamble; it would mean risking her winning the general election.

But how much support does she really have? Is it, perhaps, possible that she's only in the race to make Palin look more sensible when she inevitably joins the race?
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

She's a hypocrite and a bigot. I hope she loses. I'm tired of hypocritical, self-centered Republicans running the country to the ground (we may have a Democrat president but the Republicans in the house and congress have been whipping him, IMO).
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Well at least the "fiscal conservative" who kept kicking the can down the road in his state dropped out.

Comment

Story at Daily Kos about Bachman lying about attending a family reunion. Or maybe not. You decide.

Reuters article about her giving a "happy birthday" shout out on the observance of Elvis' death. You know, if you're going to use an American icon as a prop for self-promotion, you could at least be aware enough to know what it is you're supposedly observing.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

For my comments re: Bachmann see my comments in the Perry thread.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Thank you Ms. Bachmann, prior to that little comment it was difficult getting people to believe that Republicanism was broken beyond repair and not worth saving... now there are few people who aren't homophobic bigots who can't see that.
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Bachmann is a total lunatic. The only upside is there's no way in hell that she ( or really any of the front running Republican hopefuls right now ) will ever get moderate or independent votes.

Comment

What exactly constitutes a family then? Are you going to say that two men who love each other and their adopted baby are less of a family than many of the unhappy, unloving man-woman couples out there? Single parents? They're not families since they're missing parent? Exactly what the hell do these people think is a family?

How about a family is any group of people who love and care for each other? My best friend is family. We're not blood at all, don't live together even, but we're family. I think of him like a brother. Are we less family than two guys that are really brothers but hate each other? Fuck the republicans and their stupid over judgemental homophobic bullshit. These are clearly people with nothing else to do.

Comment

She's entitled to her opinion. I just wish her (and people like her) could respect others opinions.

Comment

I'm still waiting for her husband to get caught soliciting sex from other men.

Think he's more a barely-legal twink type, buff pool boy type, or does he go for bears?
                        I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                          She's entitled to her opinion.
                          Bull. She's running for President. She has the power to 'encourage' Congress to make her opinion into law, if she wants. That makes her opinions the business of the country.

Originally posted by Ladeeda View Post
                          I'm still waiting for her husband to get caught soliciting sex from other men.
                          Oh, me too. He probably goes for the 'submissive' types, since after all, he won't even let his wife do anything without his blessing.

Comment

I dunno, that's playing into the whole Bible Beater Men Is Superior Rawr nonsense.

I'm thinking it'll be some big hairy biker named Bubba, and involve a glory hole at some dive bar.
                            I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

Oh, me too. He probably goes for the 'submissive' types, since after all, he won't even let his wife do anything without his blessing.
                              Just because the assumptions behind this whole branch so often turn out to be right is no reason... oh, ##### reason, he deserves it. I'd expect just the opposite: since he has (or so they both say) submissive at home with his wife, on the side I'd think he'd go the other way with a burly, controlling type.
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X