Federal Deportation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Deportation

Immigrants, including green card holders have been deported because of crimes they committed that were felonious no matter how long ago the crime was committed and time served have been deported due to this law. There has been a lot of debate on immigration policies and reforms for allowing immigrants to remain in the U.S. as well as deporting immigrants in the U.S. In this article, a Cambodian man born in a Thai refugee camp (his family escaped the killing fields) immigrated with his family to the U.S. when he was a year old. At 15 years old he was arrested for firing an illegal handgun in the air but served time for it, was under supervised released and hasn't committed crimes since but despite that he was rounded up several years later (due to Cambodia not accepting U.S. deportees for a while) and deported to Cambodia...a country he's never seen. People make mistakes, some learn from them and some unfortunately repeat them. I understand that the law is to deport anybody that is deemed a security threat but I believe that these cases should be looked at on an individual basis instead of blanketing them.

Link!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

while I agree that cases should most definitely be looked at on an individual basis(every person is different-"one size fits all" doesn't even work well for clothing), I can't say I care much for the article, and the way it's written will quite probably make some people roll their eyes and dismiss it as "whiny".

the last line of "they(the government) made me a single mother" is a bit off-putting. The doctors that mismanaged my stepfather's medical care made my mom a "single mother", a drunk driver made a friend's mom a "single mother", divorce makes many women "single mothers", as does a multitude of things. If it was anything other than the big, bad, faceless boogeyman known as the government, would she be saying that?

And quite frankly in this case, it really wasn't "the government's" fault.

He had a final order of deportation.
    He knew he could be deported at any time.
    He CHOSE to have four children with this woman, knowing this.
    And when the time comes to "pay the piper"(so to speak)..."it's not my fault, it's the government's fault, sure they warned me, but I thought they were kidding, and the rules don't apply to ME, because I have chiiiilllllddddreeeennn/it was so long ago/any other reason I can think of to garner sympathy"

Again, deportation should be dealt with individually, but this story just kind of annoys me.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I believe that these cases should be looked at on an individual basis instead of blanketing them.
      That sounds too much like work.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
      X