Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Party debate cheers to let uninsured men die

Yahoo news article

Growing up I was taught that all life is precious and that no one has the right to kill another as thats a life. And of course growing up that gets blurred with politics, bills and how much medical costs.

Seeing as how this is political and what its about my upset is more about that the people in the audience cheered/laughed about letting the man die. And coming from me who really does not like talking politics this greatly bothered me.
    I understand that by law if a doctor or registered medical person be it nurse or other proper title does not do all they can to save a life it is grounds for a great deal - I am not sure but from what I do know they lose their license and can never return again?
    Yet for someone who knows cpr or just a little bit its ok for us to do nothing even if that little bit does some good....yeah thats fair. end sarcasm
    Sullivan also decried the audience reaction, writing: "Maybe a tragedy like the death of a feckless twentysomething is inevitable if we are to restrain healthcare costs. But it is still a tragedy. It is not something a decent person cheers."
    Keep in mind this is more about the audience response than about how we should be expected to pay for those who have no insurance.
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

I saw that, it was even crazier than cheering the execution thing in the last debate. It wasn't just cheering either, several people literally yelled out "Yeah!!" to the question of whether or not to let someone die because they didn't buy health insurance.

Fucking ghouls. >.>

Comment

makes me wonder if they were changing their tune if it was them and we said yeah to them having the plug pulled or nope you die.
      Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
      Yeah we're so over, over
      Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Wow, it says even Governor Perry was taken aback by this.

What a despicable bunch of goons.

Comment

So in addition to their legion of accolades () the Tea Party is also apparently the party of Sociopaths.
          Customer: I need an Apache.
          Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Funny, these are the people that were allied with the keep Schiavo alive movement. And some of these people consider themselves Christian...I must have missed the lost teachings of Christ were he said, "Pull the plug when their insurance money runs out".

Comment

The really sad part is that these are the same people who were chiding Obama's original healthcare plan, saying it established death panels. Guess they know what one would be then, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                Funny, these are the people that were allied with the keep Schiavo alive movement. And some of these people consider themselves Christian...I must have missed the lost teachings of Christ were he said, "Pull the plug when their insurance money runs out".
                QFT. I can totally see Jesus seeing this and and saying "what the heck is wrong with you people?"

Comment

Wait, aren't they mostly pro life?

So, how does that work?

Comment

Pro life only deals with the unborn...once they are born it's all Randism....

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                      Wow, it says even Governor Perry was taken aback by this.
                      No one was taken back enough to actually say anything though. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                        No one was taken back enough to actually say anything though. -.-
                        Of course not because he had a choice: tell them what a pack of assholes they were or garner votes. To a politician, it's not a hard choice.

Comment

According to an article I read, yes, someone was taken aback enough to say something. Ron Paul responded making it clear that no one should cheer a person's death. I'll see if I can find it, but since the question was to him, he did respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormraven View Post
                            According to an article I read, yes, someone was taken aback enough to say something. Ron Paul responded making it clear that no one should cheer a person's death. I'll see if I can find it, but since the question was to him, he did respond.
                            Yeah he lost his campaign manager in 2008 to pneumonia, because the man didn't have health insurance, so it hit very close to home.
                            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                              Pro life only deals with the unborn...once they are born it's all Randism....
                              And that is why I think the "pro life" crowd are a bunch of fucking hypocrites. I wonder if they would have cheered like that had it been an unborn fetus.

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                              Yeah he lost his campaign manager in 2008 to pneumonia, because the man didn't have health insurance, so it hit very close to home.
                              Ouch. No wonder he was uneasy there.

Comment

Working...
                              X