Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House GOP Proposes So-Called ‘Let Women Die’ Bill That Lets Hospitals Deny Life-Savin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
    And that's assuming the hospital would even transfer the woman, knowing the receiving hospital is going to "murder" the "unborn."

This is a horrible law. Fortunately, it won't pass.
    I'm not so sure about that. Preventing this bill from passing requires a level of common sense that has eluded politicians for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
      I'm not so sure about that. Preventing this bill from passing requires a level of common sense that has eluded politicians for decades.
      The Democratic leadership in the Senate won't bring nonsense like this to the floor for debate. They'll kill it long before then. This bill is a gesture to give Repubs something to campaign on, since they can't campaign on anything they actually accomplished.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        Can't wait for this older generation to be kicked out of power so the younger generation can bring the way to more rights for people.
        Amusingly, the "older generation" in question here is largely made up of the Baby Boomers, who happened to also be the hippie generation that was going to change everything.

Then they grew up and became money- and power-grubbing assholes just like their parents that they had been rebelling against.

You really think that cycle will change?

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        Too much of this fight is along religious lines, and young people are just as prone to being religiously-motivated assholes as their parents.
        I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

There's some truth to that. The Millennials are, as a generation, more tolerant and accepting of differences in others than Gen Xers or Baby Boomers.

But I think the pendulum is swinging the other way, and the abortion issue will become less and less important as the years go by.
        In some respects I would agree with you (such as gay marriage or medical marijuana), but not on this topic.

That's why the pro life folks are looking for other ways to restrict abortion rights. They haven't won their argument in spite of decades of demonstrations, grisly educational materials, court fights, and murders of doctors.
        I am simultaneously amused and dismayed that so many in the pro life movement do not see the hypocrisy and contradiction here.

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
        The House has now passed this bill, but it will most likely die a quick death in the Senate.
        The fact that the House passed it at all is very alarming. Such a bill should not have gotten further than the proposal stage, if it is such a symbolic bill.

Comment

I wish pro lifers would be honest they are pro-baby, anti-mother in this case (not in ALL cases).

Let's let the mother die so the baby can live

Or as I like to call it, let's ensure women know that society is in control of their bodies. Why don't they make women who have abortions for whatever reason where a giant A on them.... my my haven't we come such a long way.
          I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
            Or as I like to call it, let's ensure women know that society is in control of their bodies.
            Women cease to become people in the eyes of society the moment they become pregnant. They become walking incubators and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
              Women cease to become people in the eyes of society the moment they become pregnant.
              I always found it particularly ironic how much noise the really rabid pro-lifers will make, but subsequently how little they seem to care about the kid after that 9 months are up. -.-

Comment

Exactly. I once posed that question to one of the pro-lifers picketing the local PP clinic; and it was pretty funny seeing them sputter...while their brain was rebooting they missed the 'chance' to lecture a few women.
                "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                  I always found it particularly ironic how much noise the really rabid pro-lifers will make, but subsequently how little they seem to care about the kid after that 9 months are up. -.-
                  Yup, the strictest, unhappiest families I've known were extremely prolife and religious. They raise all this fuss about about kids when their in the womb, but once their out, "tough love" rears it's ugly head.

Comment

The pro-life movement is anything but pro-life - they're pro-birth.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pro-birth. I like the word and will use it whenever I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachrymose View Post
                        Pro-birth. I like the word and will use it whenever I get the chance.
                        As will I. That's very good.

Funny how many of the pro-birth crowd are also pro-death penalty.
                        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Ahhh, the forced birth crowd.

Comment

Working...
                          X