The economy ain't got no strings on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Well, that depends. It's hard to make a living as a writer, even if you're good at it.
    Oh I know my dad was a writer too. Made money on his technical books but never on his fiction.

I never even as a kid planned on making money on it. If I am one of the few that does become that successful hey great but I knew that to be a writer I would need two things.

One. A Job to pay the bills

Two. Ideas.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
      Oh I know my dad was a writer too. Made money on his technical books but never on his fiction.

I never even as a kid planned on making money on it. If I am one of the few that does become that successful hey great but I knew that to be a writer I would need two things.

One. A Job to pay the bills

Two. Ideas.
      See I have both of those. I'm great with ideas, but terrible on follow through. I finally did complete a book earlier this year (go me!) but I have no less than three unfinished projects on my hard drive right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
        See I have both of those. I'm great with ideas, but terrible on follow through. I finally did complete a book earlier this year (go me!) but I have no less than three unfinished projects on my hard drive right now.
        Me too but I guess I was trying to say that for me writing is my career but I work a job so I don't have to be results oriented.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
          To only have three <looks wistful> sigh. >.>

I have an alarming amount of writing that's never seen the light of day. I'm not even going to hazard a guess at how many books worth. I may begin to weep.

Comment

Working...
          X