Fox News commentator: Obama looks like "skinny ghetto crackhead"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News commentator: Obama looks like "skinny ghetto crackhead"

BOZELL: How long do you think Sean Hannity's show would last if four times in one sentence, he made a comment about, say, the President of the United States, and said that he looked like a skinny, ghetto crackhead? Which, by the way, you might want to say that Barack Obama does. Everybody on the left would come forward and demand he be fired within five minutes for being so insulting towards a leader of the United States.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201112230001?frontpage

Saying that the indefinite you might want to say something is not the same thing as saying that thing.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      Saying that the indefinite you might want to say something is not the same thing as saying that thing.
      I fail to see how semantics really excuses it. Especially considering the entire article.

Comment

I'd consider the source to be a very telling aspect.

I'm not saying the the editors of Fox news club seals for recreation, but I can say I don't have proof that they don't.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          I'm not saying the the editors of Fox news club seals for recreation, but I can say I don't have proof that they don't.
          Not seal clubbers, but number 1 with seal clubbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
            I find it rather telling that Fox News has never officially denied these charges.

At no point has any Fox NewsCorp executive gone on the record and refuted that they viciously and mercilessly club big-eyed, adorable fuzzy baby seals in the green room between newscasts.

What are they hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
              BOZELL: How long do you think Sean Hannity's show would last if four times in one sentence, he made a comment about, say, the President of the United States, and said that he looked like a skinny, ghetto crackhead? Which, by the way, you might want to say that Barack Obama does. Everybody on the left would come forward and demand he be fired within five minutes for being so insulting towards a leader of the United States.
              Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
              If he left out the part I bolded, he would have been okay. But he actually had the balls to flat out say that calling Obama a skinny, ghetto crackhead is a good idea.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

No one is on the side of angels when they make such outrageous and inflammatory statements like that.

Faux News does it for ratings. They have a core audience that likes to hear that sort of thing. If they didn't, they wouldn't be watching, and ratings would plumment, and sponsors would quit buying ad space.

They continue to say these things because it sells ads.
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

^ This.

Fox News says a lot of the crap it does because it sells. Problem is, plenty of their viewers think all that stuff they say is 110% right on the money.

But then, I have a feeling a notable portion of their hardcore viewers also, at least for a while, thought Steven Colbert was actually a real, vitrolic Conservative.

Comment

I remember reading about that a while ago: apparently, both liberals and conservatives like Colbert. The liberals because he's funny, and the conservatives because they agree with what he *says.*
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Also, some conservatives can take a joke.
                      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I still remember one guest he had on who was related to the political scene somehow. Before the interview started Colbert pulled out a "buzz word bingo card" and you could see the guest visibly strain to avoid saying anything that might be on the card. It was a thing of beauty watching him have to avoid double speak.

Comment

Off topic: Colbert love...

I remember an interview he did before the 2008 election with a Republican-leaning writer/blogger/opinion-ator (also a female and an African-American) who was saying that African-Americans shouldn't vote for Obama because he grew up in Hawaii and didn't understand the "black experience".

Colbert's response was "So, what you're saying is that a black man should be measured not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character... Which takes the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in a bold new direction..."

She froze. She couldn't address that question. The interview ended right there.

[/Colbert-love]

Comment

One of the things I love about Colbert is that he comes to the green room before each show to warn his guest that he WILL act like a moron.

Although as shown above, forewarned is not always fore armed...

Comment

I'm surprised that after six years (not counting time on The Daily Show) that would still be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X