Ex-Wife #2's Interview On Newt Gingrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Wife #2's Interview On Newt Gingrich

Newt Gingrich's second ex-wife Marianne Gingrich talked about how Newt wanted an open marriage while he was with his (now) third wife, Callista who was a campaign aide and his mistress. I think it's funny how this hypocritical asshole spouts off about family values and yet doesn't follow them at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

...but it's OK, because he's 1) Republican and 2) straight.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't care too much about this if it weren't for the facts that (1) he likes to preach "family values" and (2) he wants to use public policy to tell other people that their families should be "traditional families."

Comment

The funny thing is that she was Newt's mistress during his first marriage. She should have known what she gotten herself into before marrying the guy. She should of had enough self respect to not allowed herself to be the second woman, so I cannot garner that much sympathy for her when she was the one being dumped.

There is no such thing as an "open marriage". One man and one woman. If you cannot stay loyal to one person, do not get married. It is as simple as that. The only ones who I give a pass to for doing this are people with spouses that are incapacitated to the point where they are vegetables like Terry Shiavo. Yeah, if your spouse is in a irreversable medical coma with absolutely no hope, then, OK, find another lover. But that is extremely rare.

I don't respect anyone who cheats on their spouse behind their back. To me, if someone does this, they no longer love the spouse and should do the right thing and get a divorce.

Callista Gingrich looks like a Stepford wife, with that helmet of bleached hair. She is still young enough to give Newt good sex until he keels over. But it must make her think everyday that she might be next to be dumped.

An interesting fact is that Newt's wife is younger than my wife, while Newt himself is old enough to be my father. She was only 12 when Newt became a Member of Congress. Imagine going back to 1979 and finding her 12 year old self, point to a TV and say "Hey, you are going to be this old dude's third wife!" I dont think she would approve.
        Last edited by senor boogie woogie; 01-21-2012, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
          There is no such thing as an "open marriage". One man and one woman.
          Nice way to force your personal views on everybody.

An open marriage is perfectly possible and can work, provided that both parties want and agree to the situation.

But that's not the topic at hand and obviously bears no relation to what Gingrich had in mind.

What we're talking about now is a man that got married, then when his wife developed cancer, he dumped her for a new one he'd probably been screwing for ages. Then when he decided he'd used her long enough, he traded her in for a new one, who he was committing adultery with for six years before he bothered to actually cut ties. I'm wondering how long before he kicks #3 to the curb.

I also wonder why the hell these women can possibly think that they're so special that he'll change his spots for them. Considering his pattern, he should start cheating on Callista with some hot young thing without the sense to not let the crazy stick it in her in about 4-5 years, and the swap to the next model happening right around 2020.

Of his infidelities, he says, "There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

I like how he says "things happened" as of he can distance himself from his own decisions. He totally refuses to take any responsibility or ownership of his own actions like the hypocritical coward he really is.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm not entirely convinced there isn't a Republican Wife Factory somewhere churning these out. Calista looks like she was built at the same factory as Cindy McCain, is likewise much younger and McCain likewise dumped an existing wife for the factory direct model.

As for Gingrinch though, he is a complete sack of slime without a single redeeming human feature. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
              Honestly, I wouldn't care too much about this if it weren't for the facts that (1) he likes to preach "family values" and (2) he wants to use public policy to tell other people that their families should be "traditional families."
              Same here. Newt oughta put a sock in the family values stuff he's preaching because, frankly he and the other hypocrites like him (cough cough John Ensign..and the list goes on) look like complete assholes trying to dictate how other people should live when they do the exact opposite. Family is about love and marriage is about love, being faithful to one another and being there for one another for good and bad times as long as they both shall live. I believe marriage is monogamous, gay or straight and to break that by being unfaithful is disgusting.
              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 01-21-2012, 10:25 PM.
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
                The funny thing is that she was Newt's mistress during his first marriage. She should have known what she gotten herself into before marrying the guy.

There is no such thing as an "open marriage". One man and one woman.

I don't respect anyone who cheats on their spouse behind their back. To me, if someone does this, they no longer love the spouse and should do the right thing and get a divorce.
                If he'll cheat on his first wife with you, then yeah, he'll cheat on you with someone else. Any woman who gets a man through adultery should understand this simple fact of life.

However, many people do have open marriages. Many cultures embrace polygamy. There is a deep human need for men to have access to more than one woman. Men are quantity control. Women are quality control (which is why polyandry is not that common).

Sometimes spouses (women as well as men) stray because they are reacting to something in their lives they can't control . . . the absence of a spouse due to military deployment, for example. While that doesn't make it right, the reason for the cheating may or may not be a lack of love for the cuckolded spouse. Sometimes spouses work these problems out and move on, and if they can do so and want to make the marriage work, then I applaud them.

It's when one spouse or the other is unrepentant for the breaking of the vows, or persists in doing so once found out that it is time to end the marriage.

Generally, men who cheat on their wives aren't looking for a divorce. They want excitement, a change of pace. They want to have that while keeping their wife. Women who think the married man will "dump the bitch" are deluding themselves; this rarely happens.

Back on topic, I do have one question about Newt: how on earth was he able to get married in the Roman Catholic Church when he is divorced twice?
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                  Back on topic, I do have one question about Newt: how on earth was he able to get married in the Roman Catholic Church when he is divorced twice?
                  IMO, the fact he's got quite a bit of money most likely had a large deal to do with that...and I'm sure he made a generous donation before and after.
                  Happiness is too rare in this world to actually lose it because someone wishes it upon you. -Flyndaran

Comment

Originally posted by Evandril View Post
                    IMO, the fact he's got quite a bit of money most likely had a large deal to do with that...and I'm sure he made a generous donation before and after.
                    Of that I have no doubt.
                    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

My vote would be money and influence.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If he'll cheat on his first wife with you, then yeah, he'll cheat on you with someone else. Any woman who gets a man through adultery should understand this simple fact of life.
                        A good general rule, but it doesn't always happen that way. I know a couple that's been together more than 25 years who were cheating with each other while both were married to others. I'm *very* sure neither cheats on the other. But then, they both live and work together, so when would there be time?

As for Newt... did he marry his current wife after becoming Catholic, or before?
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

You know, it amazes me. The so-called "family values" oriented party wants to replace a man who absolutely adores his wife/family with a known multiple time adulterer. Think about it, folks. Makes absolutely ZERO sense, doesn't it? Yeah. Also, on the subject of ol' Newt...wasn't he the one who wanted all the candidates to have nice clean campaigns, and now he's got an anti-Romney ad out? Sorry...I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't want anyone as two-faced as Newt running our country.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                            As for Newt... did he marry his current wife after becoming Catholic, or before?
                            Before; Apparently he only became Catholic in 2007, while he remarried in 2002.

Comment

Working...
                            X