Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you keep protesting dammit I am getting the whooping crane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you keep protesting dammit I am getting the whooping crane!

Is it just me am I alone in thinking that the Occupy movement needs to work towards actually accomplishing something?

Seriously it's starting to feel like when my daughter is all, "Dad, Dad, Dad" I am talking to your grandma, "but Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad" *sighs* Fine what "I saw a dog"

Except they aren't seeing a dog. They have our attention they get our attention and then they don't do anything with it.

"99% pay attention, unfair incomes, protest blargh!!!!" Holy shit okay thanks for bringing me aware of the situation "So you got it" Yeah I got it what's the plan what are we going to do *suddenly being ignored as they turn to other person "99% pay attention, unfair incomes, protest blargh!!!"

Seriously move beyond the protest phase start proposing solutions, have some speeches push some official leaders instead of the anarchist free for all.

I picked up a paper about the future of the movement I was freaking excited and then I read through and the whole plan is, more fucking protests.

More bitching and whining about how bad things are with 0 effort to actually do anything about it.

I am not saying I have all the answers either but seriously if your going to be an activist then be one. All of us can gripe that we don't like Mashed potatoes without Gravy but until one of us gets the damn Gravy nothing will change.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

And this creates another problem. It just gives fuel to those of us who think that this is the reason they are having so much trouble finding jobs and such: they are too damn lazy to do anything about it.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

They're still protesting?

I was for them, but I don't see the point of them anymore. They already got their message across and the news have focused on the election now. There is only so much you can do before it becomes fruitless.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        "99% pay attention, unfair incomes, protest blargh!!!!" Holy shit okay thanks for bringing me aware of the situation "So you got it" Yeah I got it what's the plan what are we going to do *suddenly being ignored as they turn to other person "99% pay attention, unfair incomes, protest blargh!!!"
        Quoted for fuckin' truth. The people they see as the 1%ers are, almost to the individual, problem solvers, rather than problem whiners.

If they had the ideas to solve these problems, they'd probably be *part* of the problem all those whiners and whining about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
          They're still protesting?
          And planning more and more. In my own backyard. I changed my entire route to work just to avoid running into these people on my commute. These are the same people that for years every time they said, "I don't like how it is" I would ask, "How do we fix it"

They never have had an answer and when I suggested taking real action they tell me how naive it is to believe that politics can change anything even though they are claiming that politics are changing things to what they don't want.

"Politicians can be bribed" Uhm moron then become a politician and don't accept bribes it's pretty freaking straight forward. Yes if the only people running for office are the ones looking for cash that is what we are going to get.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
            And planning more and more. In my own backyard. I changed my entire route to work just to avoid running into these people on my commute. These are the same people that for years every time they said, "I don't like how it is" I would ask, "How do we fix it"
            Cue Deer-In-Headlights expression.

It's one of the mindsets I just don't understand. The whole "Raise Awareness" mentality. It's like, if you do something for publicity, your job is done and it's now someone else's turn to figure out a solution.

The one redeeming feature of that 10:10 climate video was the fact that at the end, the sound guy asked Gillian Anderson what she was going to do personally to reduce her carbon footprint. GA answered that *this* (ie, her doing the voiceover for the video) was her contribution. The sound guy nodded, then blew her up.

Comment

Working...
            X