WTF? more WI GOP war against women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? more WI GOP war against women

seems women in abusive relationships shouldn't get divorced because it leads to single parents, and as we all know that's child abuse.

story here

a few quotes:
    Instead of leaving an abusive situation, women should try to remember the things they love about their husbands, Representative Don Pridemore said. "If they can re-find those reasons and get back to why they got married in the first place it might help.
    yes if you love him more it hurts less when he hits you, now get me a sammich and a beer woman!

fathers are the only ones who provide structure and discipline. If they don't grow up with married biological parents, Pridemore says, "kids tend to go astray."
    yes because seeing your mom abused keeps the kids in line as well...
    "There's been a huge change over the last 30 years, and a lot of that change has been the choice of the women,"
    Yes we chose to not be treated as inferior, how horrible....I wonder how many times these people's(I refuse to call them men) wives have "walked into a door" because they were hurrying to get dinner on the table.....
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Dear god. This is a real story? I mean, I read it, and listened to the news cast with the phone calls, but...wtf?
    Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Maybe the scales have tipped in the other direction since I've graduated high school, but back then, one of my teachers told us that there are slighly more women in the world than men. That being said, pissing off the women, who make up the slight majority of the voters, seems pretty stupid. Then again, the GOP isn't exactly a bunch of geniuses these days.
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise considering this guy is the co-sponser of the "single mom = child abuse" bill. What a bunch of lunatics.

Comment

it seems that the nutcases currently in power just want to turn the clock back to that good ol time of the fantasy that was the 1950s when white men were the "absolute" power and Women, Blacks, Hispanics, Gays, Hippies, Jews, <insert anyother group besides white males >, etc. were supposed subserviant TO white males OR not seen at all. They want their "power" back any way possible.

this message is QUITE CLEAR in slogans like "Take back America". HMMMM I do not seem to remember America being invaded. NO what they want is not going to happen again esp. with "minorities" becoming the dominant population in the near future.

God sometimes I hate this state. But at least I know there are others who are just as bad.
          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
            this message is QUITE CLEAR in slogans like "Take back America". HMMMM I do not seem to remember America being invaded. NO what they want is not going to happen again esp. with "minorities" becoming the dominant population in the near future.
            There's actually an irony in their statements too.

More often than not, I hear the expression "Take Back America" in reference to not letting minorities take over.

In actual fact, some of the behaviours that they're condoning, are actually common in parts of Europe and Asia (forced marriage for example, tends to result in subserviant wives and domestic abuse). And they're the countries that those particular groups hate the most

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
              In actual fact, some of the behaviours that they're condoning, are actually common in parts of Europe and Asia (forced marriage for example, tends to result in subserviant wives and domestic abuse). And they're the countries that those particular groups hate the most
              ah yes, that's where the extremes of religion collide, and both groups are too blind to see it because they refer to their deities by different names.
              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
              X