No announcement yet.

Economic Stimulus Part 2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stimulus check was only for $300. I had to use that to get my car fixed. It sucked, because I was planning on saving the $600 in my banking account. I doubt that I will be getting a second one. They should just use the money on them checks, to pay towards the national debt.

Comment

Originally posted by DesignFox View Post
      WTF? that sucks...just about everyone got a stimilus check except for the extremely wealthy... Sorry to hear about that, blas.
      Nowhere near. The cutoffs were 75k per year (single) or 150K per year (couple). I didn't get a stimulus check and I am not "extremely wealthy", but I did just fine without it.

I hate that mentality that just because you are not poor, you are somehow "wealthy".

Comment

Originally posted by ebonyknight View Post
        Nowhere near. The cutoffs were 75k per year (single) or 150K per year (couple). I didn't get a stimulus check and I am not "extremely wealthy", but I did just fine without it.

I hate that mentality that just because you are not poor, you are somehow "wealthy".
        I don't know ebonyknight, 75k is a lot of money. I guess it's not "extremely wealthy" but for a single person that's more than a "livable" amount of income.

If I had that much money, I'd consider myself extremely wealthy. Most people (especially my age) don't make anywhere near that amount of money in a year. *shrug*
        "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
        "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Often times people making that much live in high-growth, innovative, urban areas. The competitive pressure of the economies in these cities drive wages up.

The problem is that high-growth, high-wage cities are bloody expensive. Wages in NYC, for example, are about 30% higher than Kansas City. But due to cost of living, your dollar is only worth 60% as much.

I don't know where ebonyknight lives, so I can't speak to his situation. But I thought I'd present a scenario where someone making $75,000 per annum is not even close to rich. In fact, a single person living alone in Manhattan making $75,000 will eat more Ramen noodles and wash more clothes in the bathtub than someone making half that in the Midwest.

Comment

Cost of living sucks by me. 75k a year is JUST hitting upper-middle class, so my mom says. Personally, I consider middle class where you can live and not have to worry about paying the bills, but you don't have plenty left over. I personally could easily live on 75k a year, but that's cause I'm a minimal spender. Just as an example of cost of living, my house that I live in could almost go for $500,000. Think of what kind of house that is................................did you think of an alright sized split level house with a pool in the backyard? Welcome to the Jersey Shore!
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
              The problem is that high-growth, high-wage cities are bloody expensive. Wages in NYC, for example, are about 30% higher than Kansas City. But due to cost of living, your dollar is only worth 60% as much.
              My cousin, who lives in downtown Manhattan, has noticed that too. Sure, her wages are high, but most of it gets eaten up by the high cost of living. She's always amazed over how "cheap" things are in Pittsburgh, and usually takes the train to Philly for shopping. It's simply too expensive in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                I don't know where ebonyknight lives, so I can't speak to his situation. But I thought I'd present a scenario where someone making $75,000 per annum is not even close to rich. In fact, a single person living alone in Manhattan making $75,000 will eat more Ramen noodles and wash more clothes in the bathtub than someone making half that in the Midwest.
                That is an explanation I can agree with. I was just going on my personal life experience. I could live quite comfortably on 75k. But I don't have/desire any children, I don't own a house (nor do I need/want a big house) I am all by myself.
                "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
                "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Working...
                X