Romney Claims Credit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney Claims Credit...

... for the auto industry turn-around, despite opposing the one thing that both Bush and Obama believe is the only reason it worked.

Article at Manufacturing.net

In November of 2008, Romney wrote, "If General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won't go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed."

And now, while stumping his way through Ohio and Michigan, he's saying, "I pushed the idea of a managed bankruptcy, and finally when that was done, and help was given, the companies got back on their feet. So, I'll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry has come back."

This man thinks the people he's talking to are ignorant fools, and no doubt, come November, quite a few of them will prove him right.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Is this the same asshole that basically raised his middle finger up to the state that gave him birth and the industry that put him where he is today?

The reason why GM And Chrysler needed the bailout from the Federal Government was because the banks weren't about to give them a loan that would give them some operating capital. Without the Federal loan, they would have collapsed and probably would have dragged Ford down with them. It probably would have had a pretty big impact on Toyota and Honda as well since many of the suppliers that supply the Big Three also supply them.

He has alot of guts to say something like that.

Comment

As a resident of MA, sometimes I feel a need to apologize to most of the rest of the country for that moron
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
      X